Get Eska Information

CATransplant

Admiral
If you have an Eska outboard, you can find some information at the following link. Model numbers, and such stuff.

http://www.discount-marine-parts.com/ob_eska.html

If you need parts for an Eska-based outboard, go to this website:

http://www.certifiedpartscorp.com/

Don't bother looking for the parts on the site. Call their phone number and have your model number in hand. They will have most of the commonly-needed parts available. They also have manuals and parts lists.

Fix your Eska, then sell it to some poor soul. Use the money as partial payment for a Johnson or Evinrude of the same or similar power. I'm sorry, but that's your best bet.

If your Eska is one of the solid state ignition models and it has no spark, you're out of luck. There was a company at one time making replacements, but they cost more than the outboard was worth, and they've dropped the parts.

Eskas are at least 35 years old. The last ones were made in 1976. They don't have aftermarket support, and the only parts that are available are NOS stuff that still is hanging around.

The same advice applies to Clinton-powered outboards.

I hate to be a nay-sayer, but you'll just break your heart with these things. You'll also end up with more money in them than you'd pay for an older Johnson or Evinrude, and not nearly as good an outboard.

M

mrcrabs

Re: Get Eska Information

I say junk them all, you know what 100 eskas at the bottom of the sea is don't you?? lol...a good start..:D

Eskas are at least 35 years old. The last ones were made in 1976. They don't have aftermarket support, and the only parts that are available are NOS stuff that still is hanging around

I think there was plot to decieve people by them scallywags at eska because mine says it was made in 1977, just goes to show you you can't believe everything you read.

Last edited:

Tom @ Buzzard Bluff

Petty Officer 1st Class

Eskas are at least 35 years old. The last ones were made in 1976.

To put it as gently as possible that is simply untrue. They were made until 1986 before the company threw in the towel.

Brix Enterprises is another excellent parts source and a pleasure to deal with, but like everyone else they get their parts from Certified.

I'm a lifelong died-in-the-wool fan of OMC and have quite a few in my arsenal of small fishing motors that I love dearly but to flatly state that all of the aircooled motors are little better than junk is disingenuous. As stated the Tecumseh electronic ignitions were a bad mistake and parts to repair them (when available at all!) are usually so expensive that there's no break even point unless you just want to honor an old fishing buddy by keeping him on life support as long as possible.

The other weak point of both Clinton & Eska is the chintzy seals in the L/U and I've seen far more motors trashed by continuing to run them without performing routine maintenance on the L/U than by wearing out the engine. In point of fact I haven't yet encountered a standard magneto ignition unit model that can't be made to run quite satisfactorily unless it's been destroyed by too lean fuel/oil mixes or extended running without a functioning waterpump. The Tecumseh engines themselves are models of longevity if only halfway cared for.

I have a '75 model 5 1/2 Eska, an '86 7 1/2 and a just acquired 1970 3.6 horse McCulloch air-cooled that will rival my best Johnson TD-20 or Evinrude Lightwin---both legendary paragons of user friendliness--- at starting, running, restarting and super slow idle/trolling speeds. Yes---the big singles transmit more vibration back through the steering grip than a pair of smaller pistons would and aircooled motors will always be a bit noisier than one wearing a water jacket over the cylinder, but I brook no fears that they won't get me back to the put-in.

There is a longstanding and still prevailing elitist attitude regarding the 'blue-collar' aircooled motors that I find deplorable. They have long been a viable entre' to the world of boating and angling for many who could not otherwise afford to do so. In that regard it seems they have earned far more respect than they are accorded by calling them a 'lawnmower-on-a-stick'. If used motors can still bring new inductees into the hobby then they deserve our support and a modicum of respect.
Just one old mans' opinion! Tom @ Buzzard Bluff

Last edited:

CATransplant

Admiral

You're correct on the year. I mistyped. My error.

As for my opinion on the value of those outboards, I stand by my statement. As I scan my local Craig's List and other cities' Craigs Lists, I see plenty of small hp Johnsons and Evinrudes for sale at prices not that much higher than the air-cooled Eskas and Clintons. Higher, yes, but not much.

The difference is that parts are easily available for them and, when in good condition, they will simply outperform and be more reliable than any of the air-cooled outboards.

Here's how I see it, and I've owned a long string of air-cooled outboards, each of which has ended up in the junkyard: I spent far more money trying to keep those outboards running, and even more time rowing back to the launch ramp when they wouldn't start after I got out on the lake than I spent to buy my Johnson 6hp outboard. I paid $300 for it, in good running condition, and have now used it for three seasons, and am starting the fourth season, without doing anything except put new spark plugs and an impeller in it.

It was also made in the 1970s. I can buy parts for it at any Evinrude dealer, or online. No problem. When it does need repair, it's easy to work on, and I found a factory service manual for it for $14 on ebay. If I bust a prop, I can get a new one overnighted to me, or use one of the spares I have bought, also on ebay.

For those who love tinkering with small engines, the Eskas and Clintons are just fine. Me? I like to go fishing. I even take my little 12' boat on the Mississippi, where having a reliable engine is crucial.

Whenever I write something here, it is my opinion. Anyone is welcome to accept or reject that opinion. But, I've had to toss almost half a dozen air-cooled outboards until I got one that works reliably and has easy parts availability. For an avid angler, nothing is more important.

$300. 6hp. There are half a dozen of those on my local Craig's List right now. If you want a 9.9, you'll have to pay $400-500. And that's for an outboard that already runs just fine. If you don't mind fixing one, there are lots more that are cheaper, and have parts you can get.

Everyone should do what he or she wants. I want to fish.

CATransplant, you may have had certain experiences with air cooled outboards, but your experiences certainly do not reflect everyone?s experiences, and I believe them to be the exception rather than the norm. When I read through your past postings on Eska engines, you seem to have an extreme bias against anything air-cooled. Just because an engine is used in a marine environment does not mean it needs to be water cooled. Consider the millions of lawnmowers out there which operate in some of the most harsh conditions a small engine could ever operate in. They do so very reliably. As Tom @ Buzzard Bluff noted, the Tecumseh engines used on Eska outboards are models of longevity.

Your statement that water cooled engines will ?simply outperform and be more reliable than any of the air-cooled outboards? is incorrect. You?ve not put any historical research into that statement other than your experience with your own collection of engines. I?m sorry, but that?s not enough data to back up a statement like that.

You also mention that prices for spare parts are higher for air-cooled outboards, compared to parts for OMC outboards. Again, this is not true. I can speak personally about this ? I just replaced the clutch dog in my mid 1960?s 33hp Johnson Big Twin and it cost a small fortune. I bought a new driveshaft for one of my Eska 7.5?s for less than the cost of the OMC clutch dog. Similarly, the Sierra carb rebuild kit I bought for the Big Twin cost twice what a Tecumseh carb rebuild kit cost for the Eska.

The only area where the Eskas suffer in reliability is the electronic ignition system used on the 7.5?s. This is easily rectified by having CDI Electronics rebuild the ignition module, and using an OMC style coil to replace the no longer available Tecumseh coil. I've done both, and I've got a great engine. An OMC engine from this era comes equipped with points and a magneto, which is not a bad thing, but it's old technology by comparison.

There are many advantages to air-cooled single cylinder engines, not the least of which are lighter weight and greater fuel efficiency compared to a similarly sized OMC two cylinder engine. Less cylinders = less friction = greater fuel efficiency. They are not for everyone, but they also are not ?lesser engines? to the degree which you state them to be.

CATransplant

Admiral

If you have a look in this section, you'll see that I've been here for a long, long time, helping people figure out what they have and how to get parts to fix what they have. In fact, in this very thread, I posted information to help Eska owners identify their outboards and find parts for them.

Here's what I've seen in Other Outboards here on iboats:

1. Most of the people who ask questions here have bought an old Eska-based, or Clinton-based outboard that is private-branded, really cheaply, and they're trying to fix it to use on their boat.

2. Most of them are inexperienced with working on outboards and air cooled two-stroke engines.

3. Most the the outboards they're asking about are at least 25 years old and made by companies that are no longer in existence. Most have engines that originated on lawnmowers.

4. Few of these posters have come back later and told us how easy it was to repair their outboard and how reliable that outboard has been for them. Most, quite frankly, have given up on their bargain "find" and have moved on to something a little easier to deal with.

I like cars from the 1950s. I wouldn't buy a Studebaker, though. They were just fine, but the company's been out of business for a very long time, and it's really tough to find the parts you need for them.

Those rebranded air-cooled outboards were great when they were new. They were less expensive, ran just fine, and weighed less than the equivalent Mercury or Evinrude or Johnson or Scott-Atwater. Millions of them were sold. The ones for sale today are, for the most part, worn out, used up, and in dire need of repair.

For someone like yourself, or even me, they're a fun challenge and an interesting project. But that's not who's asking questions here. The people asking questions here are trying to go boating on a budget. They're not small engine mechanics. They're not tinkerers. They just want to go boating.

For them, a used up air-cooled outboard that needs work is a very bad bargain. They not only have to locate parts, manuals, etc., but don't have the experience needed to actually know what the heck to do with these things. We try to help here on iboats, but the result is usually the same. The outboard isn't repaired, even though money is spent on parts, etc., and we end up with a frustrated boater.

Up in the Johnson Evinrude forum, there are lots of nice folks that will talk someone, step-by-step through getting their JW-13 going again. They can get the parts easily, and there are people here who know those outboards inside and out.

Not so in the Other Outboards forum. That's why I'm here. I can at least direct people to parts sources and information sources. But, for new boaters, who just want to get on the water, I don't recommend a broken air-cooled outboard. It's a bad choice. It can be a terrible choice...one that leads the newcomer to abandon boating altogether.

But I'm still coming here and offering what help I can, with identification and parts sources. I've been doing that for some time. I'm not here in the Winter, but as soon as boating season begins, I'm back.

So, if you're sincere about helping people fix their Eskas and Clintons, I hope you'll be here every day, offering advice based on your experience. Heaven knows the many people who show up here need that kind of hand-holding help. Many don't know the names of the tools they'll need, much less how to use them. If you can help, more power to you.

But, I'll be here, in any case, offering what help I can. Sometimes, my suggestion to someone who has no experience is to get rid of their cheap anchor and go buy a running outboard.

It's all my opinion. You may have a different one. You're welcome to share it.

I agree with much of what you say, but I don't think it's fair to say that the air cooled outboards on the market today are "worn out, used up, or in dire need of repair" any more than similarly sized OMC engines of that era, on the market today, are. Just by virtue of them being air cooled does not mean they are prone to becoming worn out. For example, the Tecumseh engines used on Eska outboards have a cast iron cylinder liner as virtually all two-stroke engines do. Thus, one seldom finds an Eska (or OMC or any other manufacturer's engine) with worn out cylinder bores unless they were run light on two-stroke oil. Such a condition would be caused by user neglect, not a flaw in the design of the engine.

Don't get me wrong, I like OMC engines a lot, as well as Mercurys, Yamahas, etc. However, I don't apply a "design bias" to mechanical equipment and say that one type is worse than another when there's no objective information to back this up. I am a mechanical engineer and I've done a lot of work on mechanical devices, engines, etc., and typically when devices end up in the "worn out, used up, and in dire need of repair" category, it's because of user neglect and not because of design flaws. Air cooled engines, as well as water cooled engines will suffer in the same way if subjected to the same lack of care. I don't claim that air cooled Eskas are bulletproof, because they're not, but similarly, OMC engines (or any other makes) are not bulletproof either.

I'm sorry if I seem critical, but when an analysis is presented which largely lacks substantiation, it seems reasonable to point out what's missing.

It's true that not all parts are available anymore for Eskas, but the parts for the engines are not any more expensive than parts for the other makes. As I pointed out before, the one high dollar item is the ignition system, but these can be rebuilt by CDI Electronics for around $100, resulting in a reliable ignition system that's more advanced than ignition systems from competing engines of that era. I just don't think it's fair to say to Eska owners that somehow they're going to be spending loads of cash on their engines compared to engines of other makes, because that is simply not true given the relative parity in parts costs between makes.

I do appreciate your effforts in pointing people in the right direction to find info/parts/etc on the air cooled engines.

CATransplant

Admiral

Part of the problem we're having is that you haven't seen the type of questions people bring to this Other Outboard forum. Many of the questions involve outboards that have most definitely been abused or neglected. There are many of these air-cooled outboards sitting in garages that get pulled out for a garage sale, then sold to some poor unsuspecting novice for $50 or so, with the words, "Well, it should be hard to get running." Never mind that it's been sitting in the garage because the owner couldn't get it running 10 years ago, and there it has sat.

Many of them were run on the wrong fuel/oil mix or with no oil at all in many cases. Many have internal rust problems. Almost all have impellers that need replacement. Many have been run with all the lower unit oil out of the lower unit, replaced with water. Bearings are bad or the lower unit is frozen.

Part of the difficulty is that they're sold so cheaply in that condition that people buy them, then come here to ask how to get them going. This is what comes to this Other Outboard forum most of the time.

And there's the problem. We don't have a base of people in this forum who have worked on a particular model, as we do in the major brand forums. So, we're often working from general experience, rather than having actually worked on the particular outboard in question.

How often do you see a lawnmower from the 70s or even 80s still in operation? Not often. Trouble is that lawnmowers get neglected or aren't properly-maintained and break. Same with these outboards.

As I said, they were fine when they were new, and offered an alternative to higher-priced units. That was, however, long ago. Now, the ones that most of those who come to this forum have have been lying dormant for a long time, unused because they quit working and were never repaired. They're pretty much disposable, now, at their advanced age.

That's not the case with a lot of smaller major brand outboards. Partly because they were more expensive, their owners tended to treat them better. In some cases, they've been in a family for a very long time. Typically, getting one of these back into operation is pretty simple, and a long second life is just waiting to be revived.

I have no objection to the things if they're in good shape. Mostly, however, the ones that come here are far from that condition. It's a rare case where you buy an old air-cooled motor at a garage sale, take it home and get it fired up in a reasonable amount of time. We don't see those here. We see the others.

I'm happy to help people identify what they have and to direct them to parts sources. I wish them every success. However, in most cases, the ones people ask about here never run again.

That is why I recommend Evinrudes and Johnsons from the same era to people who want an outboard to use on their little boat.

Tom @ Buzzard Bluff

Petty Officer 1st Class

If you have a look in this section, you'll see that I've been here for a long, long time, helping people figure out what they have and how to get parts to fix what they have. In fact, in this very thread, I posted information to help Eska owners identify their outboards and find parts for them.>

Entirely true----for which I applaud you!

Here's what I've seen in Other Outboards here on iboats:

<1. Most of the people who ask questions here have bought an old Eska-based, or Clinton-based outboard that is private-branded, really cheaply, and they're trying to fix it to use on their boat.>

True.

<2. Most of them are inexperienced with working on outboards and air cooled two-stroke engines.>

<3. Most the the outboards they're asking about are at least 25 years old and made by companies that are no longer in existence. Most have engines that originated on lawnmowers.>

This too is largely true but frankly I consider a 25 year old engine as 'virtually new' from my own unique perspective. As with ALL orphaned outboards there will be times when finding a particular part becomes a bit if a
waiting game. Truth to tell I enjoy the search for obsolete parts in much the same manner as treasure hunting---an undeniable thrill when I "Strike it rich".

<4. Few of these posters have come back later and told us how easy it was to repair their outboard and how reliable that outboard has been for them. Most, quite frankly, have given up on their bargain "find" and have moved on to something a little easier to deal with.>

While true in basic essence we should try to bear in mind that very often indeed those bargain "finds" are OMC or other 'major' makers. I have noted in the short time that I've been aboard that there are almost as many posts concerning Gale Products such as Sea King and MANY others as the air-cooled motors. And many of them too are abandoned when the newbie runs head-on into his own wall of ignorance and general parts availability. Frankly I'm quite a fan of the OMC built Gales that followed WW2 up until 1963 when OMC figured out that they were competing in too many respects with the OMC 'high-priced spreads' of Evinrude and Johnson.

<Those rebranded air-cooled outboards were great when they were new. They were less expensive, ran just fine, and weighed less than the equivalent Mercury or Evinrude or Johnson or Scott-Atwater. Millions of them were sold. The ones for sale today are, for the most part, worn out, used up,in dire need of repair.>

I readily agree with "---in dire need of repair". Where my brakes lock up is with "The ones for sale today are, for the most part, worn out, used up,".
Such has not been my experience to date as far as the Tecumseh powerhead is concerned. IME most of them are in great mechanical condition and can be readily tuned-up to start and run easily and satisfactorily. I admit that could be a function of the different parts of the nation we live in.
You in the water wonderland of MN and I on the North central Ozark Plateau of Arkansas. We have many more rocky streams than lakes and that is reflected in the banged up cavitation plates, L/Us and skegs I so commonly encounter.

<For someone like yourself, or even me, they're a fun challenge and an interesting project. But that's not who's asking questions here. The people asking questions here are trying to go boating on a budget. They're not small engine mechanics. They're not tinkerers. They just want to go boating.

For them, a used up air-cooled outboard that needs work is a very bad bargain. They not only have to locate parts, manuals, etc., but don't have the experience needed to actually know what the heck to do with these things. We try to help here on iboats, but the result is usually the same. The outboard isn't repaired, even though money is spent on parts, etc., and we end up with a frustrated boater.

Up in the Johnson Evinrude forum, there are lots of nice folks that will talk someone, step-by-step through getting their JW-13 going again. They can get the parts easily, and there are people here who know those outboards inside and out.

Not so in the Other Outboards forum. That's why I'm here. I can at least direct people to parts sources and information sources. But, for new boaters, who just want to get on the water, I don't recommend a broken air-cooled outboard. It's a bad choice. It can be a terrible choice...one that leads the newcomer to abandon boating altogether.

But I'm still coming here and offering what help I can, with identification and parts sources. I've been doing that for some time. I'm not here in the Winter, but as soon as boating season begins, I'm back.

So, if you're sincere about helping people fix their Eskas and Clintons, I hope you'll be here every day, offering advice based on your experience. Heaven knows the many people who show up here need that kind of hand-holding help. Many don't know the names of the tools they'll need, much less how to use them. If you can help, more power to you.

But, I'll be here, in any case, offering what help I can. Sometimes, my suggestion to someone who has no experience is to get rid of their cheap anchor and go buy a running outboard.

It's all my opinion. You may have a different one. You're welcome to share it.

Frankly I have noted that. And I commend you! Nor do I think we have any real disagreement except on relatively minor points that may be of geographic origin. I'll keep trying to help the newbies when and where I have anything of value to contribute. Tom

M

mrcrabs

my2since, the feeling i get is the only real help that is offered is kind of demeaning. those little eskas will make you a man...takes a good man to pull mine over its got so much compression, and it starts on the first pull if your fast with the choke....hold my hand please ;)

" Heaven knows the many people who show up here need that kind of hand-holding help. Many don't know the names of the tools they'll need, much less how to use them. If you can help, more power to you."

CATransplant

Admiral

my2since, the feeling i get is the only real help that is offered is kind of demeaning. those little eskas will make you a man...takes a good man to pull mine over its got so much compression, and it starts on the first pull if your fast with the choke....hold my hand please ;)

" Heaven knows the many people who show up here need that kind of hand-holding help. Many don't know the names of the tools they'll need, much less how to use them. If you can help, more power to you."

Whenever I'm familiar with a particular model, I offer as much help as I can, down to explaining what you have to do to remove the lower cowl. If I don't know, I can't tell. These days, I have none of the air-cooled models, but have had several over time. On those, I can offer suggestions about exactly how to do something.

If you know the answer, it's neighborly to describe the process. If you don't know, you can't answer. In neither case is a sarcastic answer in order.

My advice about getting rid of a broken air-cooled outboard is based on experience. So, I offered that advice. I've never been as happy as when I gave up on them and went with a different type of outboard. Now, I just go fishing.

M

mrcrabs

well ok then, I'm just doing the same thing as you, but I try to incourage self confidence and to put as much info out here as I can as quickly as I can...heck I would never know if I answerd a question from the next "eska expert" or delbert. I admit I don't say it as fancy as you but I say the same thing...with extras and a little hope... remmber this "some guy out there is trying to get a eska running so he and his grandson can go make a memory"...they may only get one chance, so it's nice to keep alive the spirit of "we can fix anything" he might even give a 185$ to fix his solid state ignition...you just never know.

I have seen the type of questions on "other engine mfrs" brought to this forum. I regularly read this forum and the marineengine.com forum (have been reading both for some time now), to search for info and see what postings come up on Eska engines. There are many excellent postings on both. From what I've seen, there are about the same number of "what oil mix ratio do I use" and "how do I get this thing running" questions that pertain to Eskas as well as other engine manufacturers. I can understand what you're saying about these engines being sold to an unsuspecting novice, but I've also seen old OMC engines that fall into the same category. Two friends of mine bought small Johnson engines from owners who'd stored them in their garages for many years and were uncertain about what condition they were in. Similarly, my 33hp Big Twin was found in a storage unit and the f-n-r clutch linkage was seized due to neglect. I just don't think it's completely fair to say that Eska engines suffer from neglect due their age, whereas similarly sized OMC engines do not. The problem is that so much time has gone by that there's a huge contingent of boaters who are only familiar with modern Yamaha, etc engines, and the knowledge of older engines, regardless of manufacturer, has waned considerably. With more information provided on these forums, it would be nice to reverse that trend.

I still maintain that air cooled outboards hold a huge advantage over similaly sized water cooled units in one significant way - their light weight is a tremendous advantage for situations where an engine needs to be removed from a boat on a regular basis. Even the lightest OMC engines weigh over twice what a comparable horsepower Eska weighs. Their better fuel economy is advantageous as well.

Part of the problem we're having is that you haven't seen the type of questions people bring to this Other Outboard forum. Many of the questions involve outboards that have most definitely been abused or neglected. There are many of these air-cooled outboards sitting in garages that get pulled out for a garage sale, then sold to some poor unsuspecting novice for $50 or so, with the words, "Well, it should be hard to get running." Never mind that it's been sitting in the garage because the owner couldn't get it running 10 years ago, and there it has sat.

Many of them were run on the wrong fuel/oil mix or with no oil at all in many cases. Many have internal rust problems. Almost all have impellers that need replacement. Many have been run with all the lower unit oil out of the lower unit, replaced with water. Bearings are bad or the lower unit is frozen.

Part of the difficulty is that they're sold so cheaply in that condition that people buy them, then come here to ask how to get them going. This is what comes to this Other Outboard forum most of the time.

And there's the problem. We don't have a base of people in this forum who have worked on a particular model, as we do in the major brand forums. So, we're often working from general experience, rather than having actually worked on the particular outboard in question.

How often do you see a lawnmower from the 70s or even 80s still in operation? Not often. Trouble is that lawnmowers get neglected or aren't properly-maintained and break. Same with these outboards.

As I said, they were fine when they were new, and offered an alternative to higher-priced units. That was, however, long ago. Now, the ones that most of those who come to this forum have have been lying dormant for a long time, unused because they quit working and were never repaired. They're pretty much disposable, now, at their advanced age.

That's not the case with a lot of smaller major brand outboards. Partly because they were more expensive, their owners tended to treat them better. In some cases, they've been in a family for a very long time. Typically, getting one of these back into operation is pretty simple, and a long second life is just waiting to be revived.

I have no objection to the things if they're in good shape. Mostly, however, the ones that come here are far from that condition. It's a rare case where you buy an old air-cooled motor at a garage sale, take it home and get it fired up in a reasonable amount of time. We don't see those here. We see the others.

I'm happy to help people identify what they have and to direct them to parts sources. I wish them every success. However, in most cases, the ones people ask about here never run again.

That is why I recommend Evinrudes and Johnsons from the same era to people who want an outboard to use on their little boat.

CATransplant

Admiral

You wrote:

"With more information provided on these forums, it would be nice to reverse that trend."

I'm all for that. So, I suggest that you start answering those questions from the air-cooled outboard folks. I'll let you take over on that front, if you like, from the others who have been doing it for years, now.

You have opinions, and so do I. Our opinions are different. That doesn't change the facts of how to identify these outboards, find the needed parts, and offer assistance to those with questions.

As for myself, I've given up on owning the things. I'm still here answering questions, when I can, but I won't be buying any more of them. As you say, there are junky outboards of all brands out there at bargain prices. I'd discourage novices at outboard repair to avoid all junky outboards that have suffered neglect. In the long run, they'll always be better off buying an outboard that runs well from the start. By the time they get finished fixing a busted one, they'll probably have spent the same money.

But, please...share your knowledge with people who have questions. The more the merrier.

mdweld

Recruit

I think that I have an Eska 5hp outboard motor. The motor says Whites on it, I think that it is a mid seventies model but I am not real sure. I am looking for a carb gasket for it. Where can I find one?

Tom @ Buzzard Bluff

Petty Officer 1st Class

I think that I have an Eska 5hp outboard motor. The motor says Whites on it, I think that it is a mid seventies model but I am not real sure. I am looking for a carb gasket for it. Where can I find one?

The very first thing you need to do is review existing Eska threads here. There are literally thousands.

The 2nd thing is to start a NEW thread about YOUR problem.

And for anyone to be able to help you---including yourself---you must find the model # of your motor.

Do those things and get back to us and we'll do all WE can to be of help.

mdweld

Recruit

The year of the motor is 1972, It was sold by Whites Stores Inc. ID#200213. I found a tag on the motor with these numbers on it, 643-20 and 6680260

jslewis27

Recruit

I Picked up a ESKA 5 HP off of craigslist just trying to figure out some info it only has a SN no model number or anything I got it running it sounds strong will take it out on the water tommarro to test it. If anyone can help the SN # is 460356 that is all the info. I know it is air cooled, has nuteral and forward says 5 HP on the side. Need more info can anyone help?

Tom @ Buzzard Bluff

Petty Officer 1st Class

The year of the motor is 1972, It was sold by Whites Stores Inc. ID#200213. I found a tag on the motor with these numbers on it, 643-20 and 6680260

Any long established small engine shop should have the gasket. Take the old gasket and/or the carb with you.