Geneva convention for the terrorists???

LubeDude

Admiral
The very thought that the Libs want to give these Terrorists the same rights as countries that play by the rules, (If thats even posible durring war times), is enough to make me want to Puke!!<br /><br /> CAUTION, THIS MAY BE A "TROLL"!

NathanY

Commander
Re: Geneva convention for the terrorists???

I dont have a clue what you are talking about, Ray, but maybe you should check out this link right here

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

In the war on terror, I think I like a "take no prisoners" approach to guys in civvies who try to kill me or mine.<br /><br />If they insist on surrendering, treat them like criminals, not POWs.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

When a war is over, usually the guys who lost give up their fight, and begin anew. For example Japan and Germany.<br /><br />These terrorists will never ever stop hating us, therefore, it is best they die, or stay locked up for ever.<br /><br />A POW must come from a war. You cannot define these terroristic actions as a war.<br /><br />Ken

ob

Admiral

Somehow after watching these lizzard eaters cut the heads off of American captives ,concern for their comfort and gentle treatment is not a priority.If the liberals want them to be treated as if they were in a home atmosphere,then maybe we could shovel some sand in with them.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by ob:<br /> Somehow after watching these lizzard eaters cut the heads off of American captives ,concern for their comfort and gentle treatment is not a priority.If the liberals want them to be treated as if they were in a home atmosphere,then maybe we could shovel some sand in with them.
Amen to that!<br />Lynndie England and the others who got thier arses in a ringer for Abu Grieb prison, messed-up from the git-go. If it was me, it would've went something like this;<br />"Yes, Absolutely A-firmative, I gladly put those enemy prisoners of war thru some crazy 'interrogations'. The information I got has been forwarded to those who need to know.<br />I carried out orders, and as the pictures will attest, carried-out those orders with some satifisfaction (in particular, note the broad smile on my face in these pics). I only wish I could've actually put that cigarette out in the dude's eye! Let the terrorists know that this is only a small example,somewhat sanitized (we wont release the 'good pictures'), of how we treat them when they try to blow-up in our midst".<br /><br />---And I would've done so immediately after the pictures were released by the New York Times.Using my sudden, world-wide noteriety as a soapbox. I would conclude by condemming the release of those photos by the ememy, and pointing-out the names in which they fought for the ememy under (like "Al Ja Zeeeeeera", "CNN", "New York Times" ect).<br />I would've let the world be brought up to speed that the US plans to win the war, in spite of Ted Kennedy and Nacy Pelosi.

cmyers_uk

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Geneva Convention only applies if they had signed upto it they havent, therefore they have waived there rights to fair treatment under it.<br /><br />Be-head them!

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

If we break the rules, it justifies their breaking the rules in their minds. Not that they're paying attention or ever have. I just think we don't have to lower ourselves to their level. It's hard to be a Beacon of Freedom to the world when we stray from the rules we expect to be afforded ourselves. Many Republicans like John McCain and Colin Powell agree as do many former Military Chiefs of Staff. They've expressed deep concern that OUR boys will be the ones that suffer in the end with Bush's ill-advised policy. I'd consider THEIR view as far more educated than Junior's. You don't have to be a Liberal to be against this policy. You can be a conservative or fence rider to see the light. It seems to be the extremist NeoCon party that can't.<br /><br /> http://www.globalsecurity.org/milit...nate-judiciary-committee-letter_03jan2005.htm

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

The liberal side of the aisle has been trying to lump together the captured Iraqi soldiers, Afgani Taliban, and all foreign fighters/terrorists.<br /><br />They are not the same and they are not covered by the same international laws, and some of them are subject to the laws of different jurisdictions. There are many legal differences between them. <br />Only the Iraqi soldiers that were captured during the was action appear to be covered under the Geneva convention rules. They were part of a standing army. But there are very few of these Iraqi prisoners, as most of them have been released.<br /><br />We are not breaking the rules, as the Geneva rules don't apply.<br />The definitions of the Geneva convention itself preclude it.<br /><br /><br />My opinion on Abu Graihb? That was misconduct, and certainly deviant behavior. Consisted of humiliation, but not torture, from what I have read and seen.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Um..I think they broke the rules in 1993, and many times after that. Thier rules are not ours. We have yet to behead Sadamn, let alone any other POW's. But I hope we get around to that soon.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

The moment you allow yourself to go down to their level,you become no better than they are.

ob

Admiral

Originally posted by rolmops:<br /> The moment you allow yourself to go down to their level,you become no better than they are.
That sort of rings true from a moral societal standpoint,but if this terrorist business isn't gotten ahold of ,it becomes more of a survival of species standpoint.At which time the logical move becomes to eradicate the problem at more extreme costs to the moral standards that non terroristic societies set for themselves.<br /><br />I don't want no stinking muslim radical deciding the time in which I meet my maker because I feel that killing him before he kills me is "stooping to his level" so to speak.<br /><br />If the free world with America leading the way, can "ever" get control over this radical global infestation in the wake of all of the diplomatic carressing that seems necessary to get support,it'll be nothing short of a friggin miracle.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

I'm with you OB.More than that. I've been there and done that.That is all good self defense. I have even taken some down so I wouldn't have to deal with them later.But always clean and to the point.<br />Torture on the other hand, brings out the worst in the torturer and takes you down to that level.<br />The only time we used very "convincing methods" was when we were sure the guy new things that we needed very urgently to get our own people out.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by rolmops:<br /> The moment you allow yourself to go down to their level,you become no better than they are.
Yup...Sure looks great on this screen but then, we are not Islamic terrorists. In matters of war, the one who inflicts the most damage to the opponent is the victor. sorry, but it just werks-out that way ---every stinking time.<br />Those who were beheaded received no recourse to the "Geneva convention"!! !@#$^%

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by WillyBWright:<br /> They've expressed deep concern that OUR boys will be the ones that suffer in the end with Bush's ill-advised policy.
WBW, can I ask you a question? I can? Thanks...<br /><br />If you are so dang upset and have such a hatred of our President, whom I voted for incidentally, why the heck don't you travel on to some place like, oh, say, Canada...or better yet, perhaps, Iraq, and take your political views there. I am sure they sould just love you, and you could even incite them to, perhaps, see things your way (as if they already don't) and if you are lucky, even with your anti-Bush ideas, you may not even get your head removed?<br /><br />Just curious....I don't think I have seen but a handful of posts from you that do not have an anti-Bush propanganda slant...I guess I just don't understand...

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by FlatBottoms:<br />
Originally posted by WillyBWright:<br /> They've expressed deep concern that OUR boys will be the ones that suffer in the end with Bush's ill-advised policy.
WBW, can I ask you a question? I can? Thanks...<br /><br />If you are so dang upset and have such a hatred of our President, whom I voted for incidentally, why the heck don't you travel on to some place like, oh, say, Canada...or better yet, perhaps, Iraq, and take your political views there. I am sure they sould just love you, and you could even incite them to, perhaps, see things your way (as if they already don't) and if you are lucky, even with your anti-Bush ideas, you may not even get your head removed?<br /><br />Just curious....I don't think I have seen but a handful of posts from you that do not have an anti-Bush propanganda slant...I guess I just don't understand...
I know you didn't ask me, but there is that element of the population that despise Bush. You cannot fix that, and probably,niether can Bush for that matter. WillyB is an American. A twisted one, who out of hatered for Bush,often sides with Islamic terrorists here on the forum, but he's still an American. His birthright gives him the right to speek-out against Bush or Mike Moore. He's a good guy with a good heart, but he goes to one of those schools our taxes paid for. It's called "brainwashing".<br />We don't need to deport him. We need to deport his principle and the union thuggs his teachers are slave to.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Naturally when Clinton was in office, you guys were totally in love with his presidency and there was no problem with that MonicaGate thing. Gimme a break! I can hate Bush just as much as you hate Clinton. Why didn't you move to Canada? Works both ways, gentlemen.<br /><br />I think Bush could've turned out to be a really good president. The Afgahnistan response to 9/11 was appropriate and required. But to use that as an excuse to take out Hussein went over the line in a lot of opinions. A lot of people think it was all about a personal vendetta rather than in the good of the country. About 49% of the population agree if you use the last election as proof. In any case, he was a blank slate when he went into this. He could've listened to the right people. They were right there. But he didn't and now they're gone.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I still say your hatered for Bush is irrational, ands I can proove it.

Realgun

Commander

Willy B can't we just all group hug here? Your Guy lost get over it already.<br /><br />And your Girl will lose then next 1.<br /><br />And the Geneva convention does not apply to terrorists. I say we torture them and get all the infomation we need to defend ourselves.