General interest about shipping costs.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: General interest about shipping costs.

BoatBuoy said:
Boomyal said:
I guess there must be too many options for us Rehubs to comprehend.:$
I have faith in you, Boom. Just keep saying to yourself, "2 options - big box, little box, 2 options - big box, little box". You'll eventually get the hang of it.

11 X 8.5 X 5.5 and 11-7/8 x 3-3/8 x 13-5/8! These are the sizes of the two USPS flat rate priority mail boxes. They are stated to have the same cu in capacity. I did not verify the math.

Either costs $8.10 to ship with any weight, to any location. Neither one of these boxes would have fit my Holley Carb.

stevieray

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: General interest about shipping costs.

One of my best customers (large chemical company here in Baltimore) had a UPS collect account for years & I guess DHL came in & sold them a "deal" for less money, so they switched.

Well, their first DHL bill had all kinds of bogus charges on it (oversized box charge for a thing the size of 2 shoe boxes, Sat pickup charges & 2-day air charges for things that were clearly marked standard). Maybe DHL was hoping nobody perused the bills that closely - maybe they were honest mistakes (doubt it).

Needless to say, customer is back with UPS.

I have been using UPS almost exclusively for over 20 yrs & remember making 3 claims for damage & all were settled satisfactorily (when you ship, always declare full value of package contents for insurance - if it's packed reasonably well, they'll cover it).