Gauges issues - 2 questions

superbenk

Commander
Maybe I should have separated this into 2 different threads, but whatever... I have 2 gauges causing problems:

1. Depth gauge (Faria in-dash w/ thru-hull transducer) doesn't really read depths at all anymore. It's stuck at 2.3-2.6' constantly. I've checked & re-seated all the connections without any success. Occasionally it'll read 7.1' or something & *very rarely* will read a correct depth, but it's very sporatic. Worked great at the beginning of the season (we just bought this boat last fall). Is there anything I can/should do other than just replace it? I'm having a hard time sourcing just the transducer so I'm considering replacing the whole unit, but it's pricey ($90 for the transducer vs. $180 for everything).

2. Sometime this season the hour meter just stopped displaying anything. It's a combination digital hour meter built into the analog tach. Is there any fix for this other than replacing the tach? I'm not sure how these work on carbed motors - I assume it just counts up the hours whenever it receives power or registers any RPMs from the coil since there is no computer/ECM. I have no record of how many hours I put on the boat over the summer & I assume that since it stopped displaying it's also stopped counting. There isn't anywhere else in my engine that keeps track of hours that will magically update a new/fixed hour meter is there?

My boat is a 2008 Four Winns H200 w/ 5.0L TKS Merc.

IMG_00142.jpg

Back of the depth gauge:
IMG_0633.JPG

Back of the tach:
IMG_0634.JPG