gauges and dash panel

usmeagle

Seaman Apprentice
Folks, i'm wanting to replace my gauges as a couple of them do not work, i'd like to replace them all so they all match, can someone recommend something they have used before? My gauges are Gas, RPM/motor hours, Trim, voltage and an aftermarket Honda gauge that tells you about engine oil flow. Also, my boat which is a 2008 Triton Cypress Cay 20ft i'm wanting to refurbish the dash, the UV rays have destroyed it, i'm thinking about removing the gauges and taking the dash panel off, its held on with 5 small screws, and just sanding it and painting it. I have a friend who is a polymer professor and he says he has some material we can cover it with that UV rays wont touch. Any suggestions would be welcomed and thank you all in advance.

Last edited:

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
the two big gauge manufacturers today are Faria and VeeThree (the old Teleflex gauge division). The VeeThree gauges are the OEM and aftermarket honda gauges, and the OEM gauges for many boats and engine companies. They are also sold to the aftermarket as Sierra gauges and quicksilver.

however I would first test your inoperable gauges to see is it the gauge that is bad, or the wiring to the gauge, or the sender. many times its wiring.