Gasoline Twilight Zone!!!!

SoulWinner

Commander
The strangest thing is gong on here in NW Florida. After Ivan, gas was hard to find, gas stations had no power, and as the power came back up they all quickly filled thier tanks and things were getting back to normal. Now gas is so tough to find, last night I had to drive clear into Pensacola (thats 25 miles one way) to find a station with gas. Driving through town here in Milton, none of the stores have gas. For at least a week they have been out of mid grade and premium gas, now they are totally dry. What the hell is going on???

KaGee

Admiral
Re: Gasoline Twilight Zone!!!!

They saw ya comin in the new truck and quickly put up the sign!.... (snick) :D <br /><br />JK!<br /><br />I'd be ticked too! Makes ya think though, look at all the things we take for granted. Gas, Water, Electric, Sewage, Garbage pick up...etc. We are blessed to be in this country.

hayhauler

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Could the damage to the interstate during the hurricane be keeping them from bringing it in on trucks via their usual routes? I mean I know it's possible to get there, but if it comes from the West, weren't large portions of I-10 badly damaged?

gspig

Chief Petty Officer

Maybe Florida enacted "anti-gouging" laws due to the hurricans. Since they can't gouge you, they can't sell any gas.

SoulWinner

Commander

Yeah, hayhauler, the I-10 bridge over Escambia bay has all the trafic crossing via the west-bound span cause the east-bound lost about a half a mile of the span. I have heard some talk about damage to drilling rigs in the gulf as a possible cuprit and other stuff, but nothing makes any sense. Fuel could still arrive from the north, like off I-65, but for some reason there doesn't seem to be any fuel coming. I haen't seen tanker trucks either. There was more fuel in town a week after Ivan than there is now, and that don't make no dang sense.

Bob in Calif.

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Out here on the left coast, where the cheapest regular gas around here was $2.32 9/10 today. The noon news said oil could hit $70.00 a barrel, before the rises stop. The reason given, was of the damage to oil production facilites in Mexico, caused by the hurricanes. :mad: <br /><br />I hadn't heard of the Mexico damage until today's news broadcast. ?????<br /><br />...Bob in Calif...

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Here's a few pics of hurricane damaged drilling rigs..<br />
Slide5_1.jpg
<br />
Slide7_1.jpg
<br />
Slide9_1.jpg
<br />
Slide10_1.jpg

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Anywhoo.. I can't figure it out either, SW.. I know that tankers are off-loading fuel at all the ports...

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander

That's strange, SW. No shortage of gas here in Mobile or in Pensacola or anywhere else on the Gulf Coast that I know of. How far east does the "shortage" go? Maybe someone is trying to run off the rest of the Northern transplants who vote in Florida and by absentee ballot in their home state, too. The ones that the hurricanes didn't run off. You knew the hurricanes were Bush's fault, right?

Bob in Calif.

Senior Chief Petty Officer

There is always a gas shortage out here. That is, until the prices go up and then there is plenty.<br /><br />I think the shortages are planned as a monthly occurance.<br /><br />..Bob in calif...

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

It was messed up like that here for about a week, then along came Ivan, and it was messed up again. I hope it has returned to normal by now. (Also, as the population gets put back on the power grid, demand will fall-off for generator fuel).