Gasoline lines or shortages

txswinner

Banned
Has anyone other than in immediate Katrina area suffered any gasoline availability problems. Not the wait cause everyone is filling up before the gas goes up again tonight but real no gasoline available situations.

rwise

Captain
Re: Gasoline lines or shortages

The station I trade at was out of gas and said it would be 3 to 5 days before they can get more! :( So the rush really hit some places hard. But there was no line! :D

Scooch_2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Down here in the Orlando area, it seems like people are letting panic rule. Some of the gas stations are closing early and others have large lines. I think too many sheep are watching the idiot local news about the end of the world and believing that no gas will make it to Florida in the next 2 months. Hopefully it is just panic and not real.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Got cash, get gas. No waiting on pumps 1-8. No issues yet here in the upper midwest.

JasonB

Lieutenant

There was a run yesterday on gas as people filled up before gas goes up more. I know at least 2-3 stations that were out this morning and closed. This is in middle TN.

ndemge

Commander

No problems in St. Louis... everyone filled up at $2.39 and now it's all the gas you can drink at $3.00<br /><br />....ahhh, 11 hours and I get to go burn 4 gallons to get to work.

ctoolman

Cadet

its panic here in upstate s.c..stations are out or pretenting to be out so they can gouge us next week..seeing 3.09 to 3.29 for unleaded on signs..the rumour is the fuel farm(which supplies our area)is out and will not make any deliveries till next weds/thurs..<br /><br />long lines at most stations..this is so sad..its just like 911 again...pure panic..as a nation i never knew how weak we are...hope the terrorist aren't watching,we have just gave up our weakest link...take out the oil supply and we are done..<br /><br /><br />but hey look at the good side pres bush can fly that fuel efficient air force 1 looking down on his people...yeah i voted for him so i can @@@@@.<br /><br />he has thrown us under the bus just to line his pockets...

BrettNC

Petty Officer 1st Class

That's right, it's Bush's fault. Not. Supply and demand Ctoolman. A hell of a lot of demand and little supply.

BrettNC

Petty Officer 1st Class

We need more refineries. Something tells me the EPA is about to get the shaft.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Have'nt seen any real lines, but the stations seem busy.. More so than usual...<br /><br />Have'nt seen the big price jump either... Most stations have gone up 10 cents across the board.. Super is up to $3.09 at a few stations near the airport, where super's been $2.99 for weeks now....

eeboater

Commander

Actually pointer, just got off the phone with my wife. She waited in lines twice today for gas. The second station ran out right after she was done!!!<br /><br />I asked her if my Jeep ran ok afterwards, didn't want the scudge on the bottom of the tank :D <br /><br />Apparently there are 2 stations sans-gasoline in the Pewaukee-Sussex area.

Pony

Rear Admiral

Yeah lots of lines here too the other day...trying to fill up b4 the prices go up some more. Havent run into any shortages yet...but im going fishin tomorow so ill see what its like more towards madison.

Homerr

Commander

I ran into a brief line today at a station with the lowest prices. Seen an old lady almost get into a fight with one moron pulling in front of her at the pump :) <br /><br />Average price in my area as of 4:00 today.. $2.97 or so.<br /><br />I filled up at $2.80. I doubt it will be that tomorrow.<br /><br />I thought about taking all my cars down, but in reality, you won't be saving a whole lot.. And i hate having gas sitting around for very long. It goes bad quicker than you think... Even with stabilizer.<br /><br />I am however... filling all of my propane bottles. So far those prices are unaffected.<br /><br />As for shortages.. pure BullS**. Albeit there are problems in the storm area, but there are no shortages. <br />That storm could have been 10,000 miles away and they still would have raised prices and blame the storm. Pure profit.<br /><br />H.

JRJ

Commander

I paid $3.14 for diesel today. Regular was $2.85, but no lines :D

dakk1

Chief Petty Officer

Friend called said you better go fill up. Daughter-in-law called from work said you better go fill up. Son called from work said you better go fill up. Hmmmm, wonder why everybody was out buying gas today?

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I sitll havent seen any lines here. Went out last night to fill up before the prices went up again. Filled up at 2.69, now everybody is at 2.79<br /><br />Ken

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

filled up diesel at 2.75 - ouch<br /><br />went to Sams and filled both cars up for 2.60. chevron was 2.79<br /><br />Sams was packed people buying before prices go up more. none of my cars were empty but I filled both cars and the truck up. Truck should get me though about 3 weeks or so (only drive it to the lake)

NYMINUTE

Captain

Some unconfirmed claims of Diesel being out yesterday. Otherwise it is business as usual, at a well inflated price.