Gas tank issue

ZakNY

Recruit
Purchased a 2000 maycraft 1900 that has been in water with minimal use. The owner never used the gas tank and the previous owner didn’t use it as well . I suspect there is something wrong with the gas tank. Does anyone know how to check this tank without removing it ? You think camera scope will help? Does anyone know the size of this tank? Is there a liquid I can use to clean the tank? Where can i purchase parts for this boat?
I can’t find much info. Online for this boat.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
If you can get to the gas gauge sender, and remove it, you will have a hole large enough to siphon out any liquid and insert a scope.

Cleaning depends on what is in it.

froggy1150

Master Chief Petty Officer
If it was abandoned for leaking fuel need to pressure test and see if it bleeds off. Remove old fuel,crap. Plug off everything....but one...fill line, fuel line to pump and vent.
One line gets a 0-10 psi guage, a valve and a way to pressurize like a shrader valve. Fill to 3 -THREE!- psi only and close valve. Get a spray bottle with bubble soap and spray all the fittings and fuel sender unit. If anything leaks make it seal. If there are any leaks this test is not valid. If all sealed pressurize to 3 psi and let sit for hours. It should hold air. If it dont tank needs to come out for inspection/replacement.