Gas prices

frankie g

Petty Officer 1st Class
How has the price of fuel changed your boating? Or has it not! I know I don't go out as much and don't go as far either. :mad::mad:

EJ3

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Gas prices

$3.09 a gal. of 87 here in Tampa Bay area FL, and that is down from $3.19 just the other day!:mad:

frankie g

Petty Officer 1st Class

That's good, I'd like to see 2.50 or less.

mole2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well, the Admiral and I don't travel on vacations. So instead we boat. We don't use a lot of gas in that we cruise and anchor 75 percent of the time and fish 25 percent of the time. We like to anchor at a cove which is about 35 - 45 minutes from our marina and spend the day. So, fuel is not the biggest cost. I use maybe two full tankloads a season so that would be approximately $600 since I don't buy in a marina. Unfortuately last year we only got out twice due to my having a bad back. We hope this doesn't carry over to next season. :(

:)

crpando30

Recruit

I believe the good lord was looking out for me when I bought the 1802. I was looking for a 2002. And was going for a 2002 in Tampa but it ended to be a very clean 1802. Fuel cost is nowhere near what other boats cost to fill up. My problem is honey do's and kids activities. Last time I went out I burned 8gals on a full day on the flats...

chris

scrat

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I use to trailer mine from Athens Ga to Savannah Ga. Cost me 250+ in gas to do so. Now I keep it at a great marina dry docked. I call one day ahead and they put it in for me, take it out when I'm done, flush it and hose it down. Cost per month is 250.00 so no I just use my motorcycle to go down and visit every other weekend... I will admit this and the trophy have spoiled me rotten. I plan on taking it offshore for the first time this spring. upto now I just fished the bays