Gas prices slowin anyone down?

karrick

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Gas prices slowin anyone down?

CntrySngr-<br /><br />Whats your fish of choice and where do ya find em? I've never fished Patoka before and a few hot spots would be nice :D

one more cast

Captain

I just filled up( well $30 worth anyway) at $2.489 for 87 octane. My truck has been doing a lot more sitting lately.

BassCat73

Petty Officer 1st Class

Biggest lake I fish on is 10,000 acres, so I don't have to use that much gas to get around to where I wanna go. Plus, I'm on the trolling motor about 90-95% of the day. So, prices don't affect my habits on the boat. However, my truck go thru gas like crazy driving to and from work everyday. That's killing me. I'll have to start calling in sick more often... and just go fishing instead...

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I filled up on the 8th at 9am @ 2.339, At 10am it jumped to 2.499. <br /><br />I heard on the radio that there is a bet with executives that gas will reach 3 bucks by Christmas.<br /><br />To fill my diesel now is $90 bucks, my service van is 70. Usually a fill up a week for each. Purely thankful my boss gave me a gas card. A year ago a 100 bucks would fill both of them. I also agree that the crap of supply and demand. All business that deals with the fuel supply have large windfall profits. DUH! If China's economy is booming that much, we all need to move there. <br /><br />As for my boat, I take it for about a 4 mile run once a month instead of once every weekend. I'm not complaining too much about that. It being so dang on hot, it feels good with the a/c on at the dock. :D

Skinnywater

Commander

I just put the cabover on the F250 last week. We wanted to go to the coast for 2-3 days and watch the breakers when school is back in a couple weeks from now.<br />I'll have a couple hundred miles to go and the coast mountain range to pass so I'll be in the 4 barrel quite a bit.<br />That 460 has a nice cam, dual glasspacs and sounds real good........at about 7mpg.<br />Time to dig into that rathole and unfold a couple c-notes.

craze1cars

Lieutenant Commander

Not slowin' me down a bit. I'm boating in summer, snowmobiling in winter, driving gas hogs year round and doing my part to tear up the ozone layer every day!<br /><br />I'm surprised more people from countries outside the USA haven't chimed in on this topic a bit more...they've been paying two to three times what we've been paying for the past 20 years or so! But compared to the last 10 years, gas in the USA is currently a bit expensive, but that's because it was an unbelieveable bargain for the past 10 years and we got spoiled by it. But it's suddenly jumped up to about where it should be right now when you index it to inflation and compare it to what everyone was paying 15 to 40 years ago. And most of us seem to have forgotten that back in the early 80's, we were paying close to $3/gallon when you consider inflation.<br /><br />So get used to it, everyone....my prediction is that we'll never see gas below $2 a gallon again, and most likely will spike over $3 for a while over the next year, then settle in to around $2.50 to $3.00 for the next several years after that.<br /><br />There, I've gone and put it in writing! Now we just have to see if I'm right or if I'll eat my words a few years (or months) from now!<br /><br />So for now, everyone go out and enjoy the last decade of the internal combustion engine by burning up your $100 bills! That's my next prediction...by 2015 replacement power sources of some type (hydrogen? electric? fuel cells? I dunno) will be taking over strong!

Dunaruna

Admiral

I haven't chimed in because I can't be bothered trying to convert litres into gallons and the aussie dollar to U.S.<br /><br />Paying $1.20 per litre, and it's going up.

bigbad4cyl

Petty Officer 1st Class

you know out here in calif over $1.00 of the fuel cost at the pump is state and local taxes ..........so i pay tax out of my check ,tax for my fuel ,tax for my food, tax for my housing, and fedral tax on my life at the end of the year ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,all so i can get pulled over by a rookie cop and given a seatbelt ticket ,or a more recently muddy watter coming out the back of my truck ticket.....oh im a small fish, im sure i get a lot more than that from my environment. ,,,,but please take all my benifits of being an american taxes out of that money that was taken out of my paycheck ,,,,and what ya taxed the big fishes ,,

ZmOz

Captain

Originally posted by bigbad4cyl:<br /> you know out here in calif over $1.00 of the fuel cost at the pump is state and local taxes ..........
State + Federal gas taxes in CA is onlyl $0.50...and local taxes are only a couple of cents on top of that.

CntrySngr

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Originally posted by karrick:<br /> CntrySngr-<br /><br />Whats your fish of choice and where do ya find em? I've never fished Patoka before and a few hot spots would be nice :D
As hot as the water is at Patoka right now, its best to go where its deep. There is a channel that runs through the middle of the lake where the river originally ran. Also, there are some foundations next to the channel as well. I would recommend investing $10 in a detailed map of the lake, you can get these at the marinas.<br /><br />According to my Garmin GPS Fishing Hotspots maps there is a really good area by the two islands near the beach area. The island with the nest on it is best on the southwest side of the island. Also, there is a spot over by the overpass...I see fisherman under that overpass all the time. I've never tried it there myself though.<br /><br />I will say that the other day when we went out for a cruise we saw a TON of fish at dusk breaking the top of the water. Looked like some good sized bluegill. I know there are plenty of bass in there as well. As for what to use...honestly, I am still trying to figure that out myself!! Maybe someone on here can give some pointers on what to use for bass and bluegill.<br /><br />Hope that helps.

Stumpys

Petty Officer 1st Class

Me and the wife usually just go from the ramp to our favorite fishin' spot, but when the kids come over and want to ski.... $75.00 to fill the boat after that.

coleman kayak1

Petty Officer 1st Class

I used to use a trolling plate on my 40<br />Gas convinced me to put on my evinrude lighttwin