Gas prices slowin anyone down?

karrick

Petty Officer 1st Class
Currently 2.30 and expected to rise to 2.70 in a couple of days if not overnight. I am planning a trip to Patoka for a long weekend of tubing and fishing. I think I'll just spend less on food, hotdogs and chips, and keep the boat rockin'<br /><br /> :D

LubeDude

Admiral
Re: Gas prices slowin anyone down?

I live in a resort town here in Oregon, it has been busier here this year than I have "EVER" seen it. I dont even think about fishing on the weekends anymore, unless I go out at night.<br /><br />Gas is right now at $2.63 most places. Ill tell ya what though, I dont run WOT near as much as I used to, but I still go where and when I want to. One more thing, Im glad that the lakes around here are not like the big ones like Havasue or powel, or Mead. All the lakes around here can be less than five minutes from end to end at 3/4 throttle. I burn anywhere from 5-10 gallons per day on the water. I dont "Run and gun" much.

vipzach

Lieutenant

The prices haven't stopped us from going to the lake, but they have cut down on the cruises from spot to spot. The prices are beginning to pi$$ me off though.

all thumbs

Chief Petty Officer

The local pay launches have experienced drops in last two seasons. I think mainly from pleasure boaters, fishing is still going strong.

ZmOz

Captain

Doesn't stop me from doing anything, I just get a nasty feeling in my stomach as I floor it past the gas station and yell obscenities out the window. I just filled up a friend's barrowed diesel dodge...just about passed out at over $66. :eek:

karrick

Petty Officer 1st Class

I might use about 3-4 gallons or less for fishin and all 12 for a good day of tubin. Generally everyone that goes pitches in for gas so it easier on the pocketbook. Its always fun filling up the truck when its floating on E and the boat is in the same condition.

QC

Supreme Mariner

I watch fuel no matter what. I just think squeezing more out is cool, so I pay special attention to trim, weight, speed, straight course etc. I just get a kick out of my friends using more fuel than I did and we ran the same places all day. :D <br /><br />This last Friday I went for a long run on Lake Mead. About 120 miles for the day, that was darn near $150 for that little excursion . . .

24tesla

Seaman

We are around 2.19 to 2.29 around here. Yes, it has slowed my driving down, but not my fishin. Small boat so I just rely on the trolling motor more.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Originally posted by ZmOz:<br /> Doesn't stop me from doing anything, I just get a nasty feeling in my stomach as I floor it past the gas station and yell obscenities out the window. I just filled up a friend's barrowed diesel dodge...just about passed out at over $66. :eek:
:D :D @ ZmOz<br /><br />I've cut back quite a bit, gas prices are begining to hurt some :(

LubeDude

Admiral

You cant help but think about it though. This weekend I went to a local lake I hadnt been to in awhile, I didnt fill the truck up in town before I came home friday night, so I had to have a bit of gas. I needed $5.00 for a ramp fee, so I got $15.00 worth of gas and $5.00 change. Wasnt quite 6 gallons. :eek:

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Just got my gas bill yesterday for the month of July, and at $1300.00, it ain't slowing down any.<br /><br />If you have to have it, you have to pay it. $2.41 right now around here.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Haven't slowed down a bit. My truck begs to go faster.<br /><br />But I am driving less miles. Maybe 60% of what I used to. Result: my gas bill is less.

bigbad4cyl

Petty Officer 1st Class

i dont go any were unless i have to ,including shopping ,,,,,,its rediculas , 269 cheap side over 3 dollars on the expensive..........i drive a truck for a living im glad my boss is paying the fuel bill, there profits are way down im sure.

f_inscreenname

Commander

Gas is now taking 10% of my gross income and my truck is 2 years old. As for the boat, weekday boat trips don't happen this year and I will miss a weekend if there is something else to do but not two weekends. The wife tells me she can tell when it has been to long and she is more then willing to foot the bill.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

My truck won't run on less the 92 octane... Current local price, $2.60-$2.70 a gallon... When 92/93 octane hits $3.00 a gallon, I'm getting the bike out.... Pedal power, baby!..... Take that you oil barron fartknockers!<br /><br />Probably do me some good to pedal my butt... uh, no wait.. that did'nt come out right...... :eek:

Homerr

Commander

Yep...we slowed down a lot. Gas is hanging around $2.70 now. :mad: <br /><br />I invested in a trolling motor. It's about the only way I can afford to take the boat out. I often go with some friends to split the cost of gas for the truck.<br /><br />I'll never understand why we continue to get screwed with gas prices... and please.. no "supply and demand" reasons... Pure BS imo. :mad: <br /><br />And look at diesel.. cheaper to make, yet it's higher than regular (in my area anyway)<br /><br /><br />H.

Braxton

Chief Petty Officer

i watch my fuel but im addicted to boating and fishing. my 11 y/o son even saves money for gas lol i don't take it and put into the tank i put it in his savings account behind his back but it makes him feel good to help out. gota love them kids.

Triton II

Commander

Unleaded is about $1.10 a litre here. That's about 0.82c. There's about 0.26 US gallons per litre. Our gas is therefore over $3.50 per gallon! How about we all think about getting fuel efficient vehicles and boat motors to the top of our lists!

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Don't drive as much as I use to. But don't not go some where because of gas prices. As for the boat, that see the same use as before.

CntrySngr

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Originally posted by karrick:<br /> Currently 2.30 and expected to rise to 2.70 in a couple of days if not overnight. I am planning a trip to Patoka for a long weekend of tubing and fishing. I think I'll just spend less on food, hotdogs and chips, and keep the boat rockin'<br /><br /> :D
It was 2.17/gal here in Jasper yesterday but went up overnight to 2.31. Patoka is still at 2.70 on the lake, but that will probably change.<br /><br />I'll be at Patoka on Sunday...save some fish for me! :D