Gas cap replacement

RockChalk01

Recruit
The dock boy dropped my gas cap into the water the other day. So I need to replace it but I having problems locating the part # I need? or if by chance anyone knows the size I would need to buy a replacement in? Thanks in advance for any advice

It is for a 2014 Premier Sunsation 220.

Davetowz

Petty Officer 1st Class
A picture of tank would help. Is there a manufacturer name on the tank?

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Unless you know what brand of fuel fill you have, you will need to replace the fuel fill and cap.

They are not universal

I would have thrown the dock boy in the water

RockChalk01

Recruit
Trust me I was tempted to throw him in after it :)
Here a pic I took last weekend since the one I bought was way to small.Fuel cap.jpg

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Since there are no standards for fuel fill. You have to find the exact one. Or just buy a different one

flashback

Captain
Most all I have seen have a tether on them so don't be too hard on dockboy..

ahicks

Captain
If you get tired of beating the bush looking for a replacement cap, there's also the possibility you could replace that entire fitting for one that comes with a tether on the cap.....

tf2692

Recruit
I am thinking I need a 1 7/8 inch one?
Looks like a built in tank and NOT a portable one, do you know if it was a vented cap ? , you can check with your local dealer, they should be able to help if you give them the make and model of the boat, and yeah any dedicated dock boy would have dove in after it😂, hope this helps cause I know you don’t want to cruise around with a rag stuck in there🙂