FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I am wondering how the throttle spring attaches to the throttle rod and what keeps the throttle rod from unscrewing on this carburetor. I've attached pics to give you a better idea of what I'm talking about. Thanks for any help!
Thanks for the parts diagram Keith! I am missing the spring tag. I imagine I can fashion something out of a washer using a small drill bit. I wasn't familiar with the term "split pin", but google tells me that it's a cotter pin. Is this correct? Also, it appears as though the throttle rod can be adjusted in and out, then held in position with the split pin. Is there a recommended setting procedure for this or can I just feel it out?
Ok, cotter pin if you like, just make the spring tag the right size as it keeps the spring away from from carb and will slide on the rail below, it weill also be at pulled at an angle, I don't know if it is adjustable as it was some time ago since I pull my one apart.
Hi Chuck. The throttle lever (cone shaped) was supposedly preset from the factory and there is no documented procedure for its position. I have 3 and 2of them still had the pin in them so I am assuming they are correct. The throttle cam should come in contact with the cone just under the halfway point from what I remember. Start there then move the magneto handle to the full fast position and make sure the cam edge does not go below the cone which would probably cause it to bind up.