fuse keeps blowing.

doubletuff43

Cadet
My boat is a Ranger 363V 1990 and I have my 2 fish finders located in the front of the boat and the electrical connection is connected to the panel that have the trim and courtesy light. I took out my boat last week and everything work fine but when I got home I noticed that my trim wasn't working and my fish finders also stop working. I check my 10 amp fuse and noticed it was blown so I put another fuse in, as soon as I put it in it snapped. I pulled the panel out and checked all the wires and all seem to be fine. I also put a higher fuse in a 15 amp and it snap that fuse immediately. I don't know where to go from here about checking what might be causing this sudden problem. Any help at this point would be much appreciated. Thanks Jerry H.

alldodge

Staff member
There is a dead short and its probably one of the wires which is chaffed and grounding, but could also be one of the units shorted out. Disconnect everything from the circuit and reconnect only one to see if it blows. Once you find which one, follow the wires

doubletuff43

Cadet
There is a dead short and its probably one of the wires which is chaffed and grounding, but could also be one of the units shorted out. Disconnect everything from the circuit and reconnect only one to see if it blows. Once you find which one, follow the wires
Thanks alldodge for your response, I will certainly try disconnecting each circuit.