Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

adamjr

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

This one, http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/boa/1964779712.html , isn't so much a TLC boat but a you left something in the boat you sold me. I printed it out to save it for posterity AND nominated it for best of CL.

milwaukee craigslist > for sale / wanted > boats
Thanks for flagging.

miscategorized
prohibited
spam/overpost
best of craigslist
Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
ATTN MIKE FROM FRANKLIN PLEASE READ THIS (U SHOULD CALL ME ASAP)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-09-20, 8:16PM CDT
Reply to: sale-x4xxp-1964779712@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MIKE, THE GLOVE BOX OF YOUR BOAT HAD SOME PICTURES IN IT............CALL ME ASAP. ITS DOUG, THE GUY WHO BOUGHT YOUR BOAT.

I found several...35 or so...pictures of the wifey in, ummmm.....tasteful positions.

I wont sell em but you have my number.....

Also found a battery operated pink thingy...wink wink...dirty dog you.

You should probably call me.

?Location: U SHOULD CALL ME ASAP
?it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1964779712

This one, http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/boa/1964779712.html , isn't so much a TLC boat but a you left something in the boat you sold me. I printed it out to save it for posterity AND nominated it for best of CL.

milwaukee craigslist > for sale / wanted > boats
Thanks for flagging.

miscategorized
prohibited
spam/overpost
best of craigslist
Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
ATTN MIKE FROM FRANKLIN PLEASE READ THIS (U SHOULD CALL ME ASAP)

Date: 2010-09-20, 8:16PM CDT
Reply to: sale-x4xxp-1964779712@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

MIKE, THE GLOVE BOX OF YOUR BOAT HAD SOME PICTURES IN IT............CALL ME ASAP. ITS DOUG, THE GUY WHO BOUGHT YOUR BOAT.

I found several...35 or so...pictures of the wifey in, ummmm.....tasteful positions.

I wont sell em but you have my number.....

Also found a battery operated pink thingy...wink wink...dirty dog you.

You should probably call me.

?Location: U SHOULD CALL ME ASAP
?it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1964779712

Congradulations sir...THAT is by far the funniest and best post I've read on here!!!! Laughing so hard...so loud.....tears....waking up the wife....

Biged007

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Can't stop laughing at that one!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

That is funny and my contribution has prob. been posted before but the one I saw about a Mo. ago was priceless Ct. CL

1986 26 foot black water The wife says it has to go so here it is interior is shot gel coat is dull starboard Merc black Max is seized But hell I used it all last year on the port engine and good luck getting rid of the fish smell. so if this is the boat you want $40,000.00 takes it away after all I need cash for the divorce.

I swear this is almost word for word

jimdd810

Chief Petty Officer

1986 26 foot black water The wife says it has to go so here it is interior is shot gel coat is dull starboard Merc black Max is seized But hell I used it all last year on the port engine and good luck getting rid of the fish smell. so if this is the boat you want $40,000.00 takes it away after all I need cash for the divorce.

Sounds as if someone is trying to avoid selling a boat but telling his wife he is. That guy is good Ill remember that when my wife starts complaining about all the boats parked in the backyard.

marlboro180

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Soft floor, unknown motor, sure.....

17' Four Winns, 3.0 liter - $2000 (Menomonee Falls)
Date: 2010-09-21, 7:33PM CDT

1995 Four Winns with trailer, 3.0 liter OMC. Boat has been professionally winterized for the 10+ years that I have owned the boat. It has been pulled out of the water and covered whenever not in use. The interior vinyl and carpets are great shape. There is a soft spot in the floor towards the front directly behind the fiberglass floor of the open bow.
Engine needs work. Water pump impeller insert came loose, causing impeller not to spin and not to pump water. Cylinder head needs to be removed to check the condition of the cylinder head and cylinder exhaust bellows.
Green Snap-on cover and bimini top included.
Stainless steel and aluminum prop included.
$2000 or best offer

image 1965464674-0 image 1965464674-1

starcraftkid

Petty Officer 1st Class

Gues what a $1000.00 dollars gets ya in Northern Minnesota,

http://duluth.craigslist.org/boa/1964455741.html

Almost as good of a deal as Brett Farvre

Is that what one looks like after the trailer rots completely away?

The first thing that came to my mind after I read he would deliver it was that Bubba test video on Youtube.

allpoints360

Petty Officer 1st Class

Is that what one looks like after the trailer rots completely away?

Ha! Or maybe there used to be a lake under the boat... back when it was a project boat...

Aviator5

Chief Petty Officer

Gues what a $1000.00 dollars gets ya in Northern Minnesota,

http://duluth.craigslist.org/boa/1964455741.html

Almost as good of a deal as Brett Farvre

...and the engine is clean, except for the cracked cooling case...it can be welded...

What a heck is "cooling case":confused:
I could figure out what belises are, but in this "case" I need some help:mad:

metalwizard

Chief Petty Officer

i would buy it for 150 just for parting it out, then sink the hull to rid the world of such an ugly boat.

At $150, I might go for it, if I knew more about outboards.. if it would run could sell it for a profit.

Biged007

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The funniest thing about the Whole thing be it CL or flea bay the sellers just don't get it. were in the worst economy since 29 and heading into winter for most of us For example there's a 89 Starcraft Islander with s 175 Evenrude on it $6000,00 maybe 3 years ago but today It's gonna sit a long time.

18WCmerc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The funniest thing about the Whole thing be it CL or flea bay the sellers just don't get it. were in the worst economy since 29 and heading into winter for most of us For example there's a 89 Starcraft Islander with s 175 Evenrude on it $6000,00 maybe 3 years ago but today It's gonna sit a long time.

speaking of 1929, something cool i picked up awhile back...

antique medicinal liquor perscription form, the perscription was written on Oct 27th 1929 to a Joe Gates in PA. Hopefully he saved the whiskey for at least two days!!!

reelfishin

Captain

NADA Value puts that boat at about $4100, but what he forgot to deduct for is about $1000 for the missing windshield, another -$3500 for the missing engine, and another -$1200 for the general poor condition of the hull. The way I see it, that leaves its value at negative $1600. If he's willing to cough up that, I'd haul it away and dispose of it for him.
The $1600 would barely cover the gas and about two days labor cutting that thing up, plus a $150 trip to the dump with about a ton and a half of glass and wet foam to get rid of.