Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
EXCELLENT WINTER PROJECT!

I wonder if the guy passed out on the deck and the paddle comes with?

00J0J_lXvmulk084Z_600x450.jpg

tomhath

Master Chief Petty Officer
No Title

Comfortable seats on this one. And no leeks
16 Ft. Fiberglass Boat with Trailer
70 HP Outboard Engine
Good Shape
No Leek
2 Gas Tanks
Ready for Use
Runs Excelent

Attachments

• photo214020.jpg
    photo214020.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Funny RNJ ^^^ I thought the same thing

Free Boat w/ complimentary rant by benevolent provider:
Free boat! have no time to fix it up and now would like it moved and gone.

style: bass boat 12/14 foot

Bill of Sale: Yep, its legit

**cannot get pics to upload so I will have to email them to anyone interested**

Before I get a bunch of emails lets get guess at some of the questions:

does it float?---its free, that right there should tell you its not usable in "as is" condition

does it come with a trailer?---did you see anything in the description that says "comes with trailer" in fact did you even see the word "trailer" nope...no trailer

does it need some work?---again free...that should say it all..."some work" would be an optimistic outlook

What work does it need?---better question, what doesnt it need. Again free, it needs almost everything...but it does have a steering wheel!

How much will the parts be?---probably the amount the place your going to buy the parts from charges...but im just ball parking that for ya buddy...could be more depending on how much you **** them off.

Can you hold it until my mother's brother's babysitter's cousin's dog's best friend's wife fairy god mother can come look at it?....hell no!

Can you deliver?---let me think...I am going to spend my gas and time to come deliver this to you so you can get it for free...no! Can you deliver if I pay you?...you would have to pay me A LOT (as in 6 figures, just to get me to think about delivery).

Will you trade for this project ____?, my wife wont let me bring another project home until I get rid of one---I dont want my own project, why would I want yours?

Can you send me more pics/better pics of ___/close ups of___?----no! again free! Do you think I am going to spend my time to go take extra pictures so you can decide if its worth the effort to come see?...its free buddy, you got the pics...they give a pretty good idea of the work...close ups arent going to make it any better.

Hate to be like this, just trying to get ahead of the idiots who think I am giving away a fantastic boat because it has a scratch on it...im not that nice
.​

Brian 26

Chief Petty Officer
If you ever tried to give away something for free on craigslist you'll feel that guys pain.

When I moved I gave away a ton of valuable stuff with ads that had high resolution pictures, it's ridiculous the stupid questions you get. I often thought of responding to each question with "it's free"

JLK62

Cadet
He would be better off to just post an address with a "curb alert". Great sense of humor though, really had me laughing.

Tnstratofam

Commander
He says the keel is retractable, but what about the shrubbery? Oh wait I know he'll pop it out of that mess for ya if ya leave a deposit! Or maybe the shrubbery is a bonus shade set up for the hours of tedious glass work that lays ahead for the next victim, er owner!:D

tomhath

Master Chief Petty Officer
When considering the purchase of a boat, the buyer should pay attention to the seller's pride of ownership and how well his other property has been maintained. People tend to be consistent in how they look after their possessions.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
If you ever tried to give away something for free on craigslist you'll feel that guys pain.

When I moved I gave away a ton of valuable stuff with ads that had high resolution pictures, it's ridiculous the stupid questions you get. I often thought of responding to each question with "it's free"

Subject:free boat
Love your ad; nice to have honestly and frankness. One question ? fiberglass or aluminum?

hey! lol thanks...its fiberglass. I have a transom "kit" that I got with it I am giving to the next person.
let me know if you want it.

Actually just informational really ? on a boat forum we have a thread about funny/strange/etc boat ads on craigslist and you made it on there! If it was aluminum there are many people that would have taken it for a resto but as I?m sure you know ?glass is harder to get rid of

hahahahaha....thats awesome! I just wrote it so I wouldnt be flooded with stupid emails. Yeah fiberglass is tough to get rid of, but my mistake for thinking I had the resources to fix this thing.
thanks for letting me know about the boat forum.