Fuel turning from blue to orange.

Thompsoncustom

Petty Officer 3rd Class
So I have a odd problem, the fuel that sits in my 15ft fuel line turns from blue (2 stroke) to orange. Just rebuilt the carb two weeks ago and have had it out twice and today the Johnson 6 horse won't go above idle without during, I'm guessing it getting gummed up from whatever is turning the line orange.

If the fuel sits in the line for more than a hour its orange, but the tank fuel seems fine.

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
Some fuel lines are made from junk and will do this, get a different fuel line.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Gee, orange is the color of rusty water. You have any water on the bottom of the tank? You have a steel tank? Remember gas floats on water, and the fuel tank pickup is on the bottom of the tank.

Vic.S

Rear Admiral
If the fuel sits in the line for more than a hour its orange, but the tank fuel seems fine.

If you are sure about the tank then I would agree with ondavar. Change the fuel hose. Maybe what you have is not compatible with ethanol fuels or maybe not even gasoline grade hose at all

Thompsoncustom

Petty Officer 3rd Class
The fuel line is suppose to be compatible with everything I bought it here locally. It's a plastic portable tank so it can't be rust, as far as the fuel in the tank goes if I disconnect the fuel line from the motor and pump gas on the ground to clear the line everything pulled from the tank is blue to start with it's only when it sits in the line it becomes orange.

I've never seen such a thing before on any other vehicle my only thought is it has to be that fuel line.

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
It has been reported here before. Junk fuel line from China is out there, even if the seller doesn't know it.