Fuel tax refund for boaters? Yup!!!

dhud64

Petty Officer 1st Class
Did anyone know that several states offer fuel tax refunds for off-road uses such as boating etc...In my state, Missouri we can get .17 cents a gallon refund!!!Gas Tax Refund- INFORMATION

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: Fuel tax refund for boaters? Yup!!!

Dooh!!!! No such reprieve in the state of Florida. Oh well.

gsbodine

Petty Officer 1st Class

ThomWV mentioned it somewhere a while ago. Unfortunately, Georgia isn't one of those more conscientious states either.

Homerr

Commander

I won't even look to see if Oregon is on that list... I already know the answer!<br /><br />H.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Ohio had it years ago... :( <br />If the gas tax is considered revenue for roads, then gas used in boats is taxation without representation. Just another Oh Well, Sorry about your Luck!......

ZmOz

Captain

Originally posted by Homerr:<br /> I won't even look to see if Oregon is on that list... I already know the answer!<br /><br />H.
They do give a refund for offroad use, and all boats except pleasure boats. :rolleyes: I think I'm going to start reporting all the gas used in my boat as offroad anyway.... ;)

cajun555

Chief Petty Officer

Nope, not in TX. They don't give any thing back. All they want in Austin is more, more,and more.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Tx does offer it. You don't get the full amount of tax back but you do get some of it. If you use 15-20 gallons a year its not worthwhile, however 100 gallons is close enough to count.

Formula1974

Petty Officer 1st Class

virginia does it too. Just read it on the DMV website yesturday and it surprised me. All you have to do is download and print a form from their website and mail it in with your reciept for your refund. cant beat it.

brother chris

Commander

I wish Canada had a rebate for using gas. That would be sweet. <br /> How could the wife argue about boating :confused: :D :D :D <br /><br />And I'm not trying to open a can of worms with the "wife" comment. Sorry ladies. ;)