Fuel Tank Problems

DP

Petty Officer 1st Class
How old is the fuel line? Is the fuel line clamped tightly at all connections? Is the vent open on the fuel tank? Can you keep the engine running by squeezing the primer bulb?<br /><br />I would start by replacing the entire fuel line.<br /><br />****

Davie

Recruit
Fuel Tank Problems

Some dirty mother thought that he needed my portable fuel tank with fuel line from my kicker motor, a 4 stroke-9.9 Merc.<br />I have a older PVC tank from a Evinrude that I changed the hose fitting to suit the Merc. but alas it starts but will not hold the prime. Next step I replaced the primer bulb, still will not hold the prime.<br /><br />Is there something else I can try.<br /><br />Davie<br />Vancouver BC.

DP

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Fuel Tank Problems

No anti siphon valves are installed in portable outboard tanks. Think if it will start after priming the pick up assembly is probably ok.<br />****

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: Fuel Tank Problems

remove the pickup assembly from the tank.remove the pickup tube and the fuel hose fitting. see if you can get air thru the fitting and the tank mount. Also,if you find a ball in there,remove it. This would be the anti syphon check valve, and it can cause much grief. Throw it as far as you can. Re-assemble,making sure there are no leaks in the pickup tube.When re-installing the hose fitting, use pipe dope or teflon tape on the threads.<br /><br />Good luck.. I hate thieves,don't you?