Fuel return

Jrato14

Seaman
Yea I have no squeeze bulbs. Another question is once I have the anti siphon valve off can I shoot compressed air through the hoses and into the tank to clean out?

cyclops222

Chief Petty Officer
I would never use compressed air into the PICK UP tube of the tank.
There should be a VERY FINE MESH filter on the end of the pick up tube.
POOF goes the filter. Then anything can get sucked up.

ESGWheel

Petty Officer 1st Class
If your fuel tank pick up tube’s bottom screen is plugged up, it will require a through tank cleaning, not just a shot of air (and agree bad idea).

With your dual engine set up you have the best troubleshooting arrangement possible. Start at the Fuel Pump side and swap the hoses even if need to add a short extension. If the problem moves from one engine to the other, then it’s clearly upstream of the fuel pump (hose, anti-siphon value, plugged pickup tube, etc.).

If the issue does not move, then it is the fuel pump or something downstream of it.

Oh, it also occurred to me that a fuel pump not being able to continuously draw fuel could be a loose or blocked fuel filter. Loose and it sucks air. Blocked and it does not allow it to pass.

Let us know how it goes.

Jrato14

Seaman
Yes I’m hoping to get there tomo. I think it is the tank as even once I use the hand pump the fuel doesn’t continue to flow through the line. Last night I siphoned almost a gallon through and as soon as u stop with the hand siphon the fuel stops flowing and recedes further back to the tank

Jrato14

Seaman
Hi guys in the end it was the antisiphon valve that was preventing the engine from getting fuel