Fuel pump issues

guyinfl27

Cadet
I have a 96 115 johnson that has been having some fuel pump issues. The fuel inlet niple that connects to the fuel pump is a very poor design that is loose and leaks slightly. Last time my mechanic worked on it he just glued it back in after it came loose and it worked fine for a few months. It doesn't have any threads on it so I assume the factory glued these in when they were manufactured.
My question is, for a temporary fix what type of glue or epoxy will work to seal the nipple back into to the fuel pump? I need something that isn 't going to be broken down by fuel. I am going to order a new fuel pump but I just wanted something that will work for the weekend.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Re: Fuel pump issues

I have a 96 115 johnson that has been having some fuel pump issues. The fuel inlet niple that connects to the fuel pump is a very poor design that is loose and leaks slightly. Last time my mechanic worked on it he just glued it back in after it came loose and it worked fine for a few months. It doesn't have any threads on it so I assume the factory glued these in when they were manufactured.
My question is, for a temporary fix what type of glue or epoxy will work to seal the nipple back into to the fuel pump? I need something that isn 't going to be broken down by fuel. I am going to order a new fuel pump but I just wanted something that will work for the weekend.
I would just go with a new pump and have done with it.