Fuel Gauge..

LukeB

Cadet
It always reads full. What should I start checking to make it function correctly. 2000 1802 wa.
Thanks
Luke

teeman

Cadet
Re: Fuel Gauge..

Check the ground to the gauge, then the wiring at the send unit on the tank.

LukeB

Cadet

Thanks Teeman!! I will check it out today as soon as my wife says I am done with the yard work.. LOL
I will post the result..
Luke

LukeB

Cadet

Well Finally got around to it. Started with the sender. Pulled it out and hooked it up to the voltmeter. There was a big spike in ohms around the halfway mark so I put in a new sender and all is good..
Luke

mole2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Wow...you do all that through that little 5 inch port in the back? lol I used to look in there and pray I never had to work on the tank when I had my 1802. I did epoxy a "shoot through the hull" transducer back there but I shudder to think of replacing that sending unit. :)

:)

LukeB

Cadet

It was actually pretty easy. Only took about 15 minutes for r and r..

JohnQ-FWB

Seaman

Well Finally got around to it. Started with the sender. Pulled it out and hooked it up to the voltmeter. There was a big spike in ohms around the halfway mark so I put in a new sender and all is good..
Luke

Luke -- Yesterday I discovered I had the opposite problem you had, guage always reads empty and I know there is fuel in there (1995 2002W/A). I think my sending unit is Kaaaaput. I would suspect that the sending units are all the same in these Trophys. What make, model, and where did you get the sending unit, how much $$$$$$$$$$$$$????? I was going to install a new Lowrance LMF-400 fuel flow/quantity guage and sensors. I wanted to know what the factory guage read as a beginning base line for the new install. Now I gotta put that project off until the send problem is resolved.

JohnQ-FWB

Seaman

Bad sender, had it replaced today. Back to the LMF-400/EP-10/EP-15 install projects tomorrow :D