From one of their own horse's mouth!!

snapperbait

Vice Admiral
Re: From one of their own horse's mouth!!

You might be right, Lubey... <br /><br />But take a moment to consider this.. The disillusioned democrats might end up being the backbone of a legit third party... I know there are more than a few disillusioned republicans out there too... Who knows.. Maybe something along the lines of a "fiscal conservtive party"???<br /><br />With the current republican/conservative rule over nearly everthing, I'll bet that in the next four years the deficit will double because the minority democrats won't have enuff backbone to hold the republican/conservative establishments spending spee in check.. George w. Bush's so called "deficit reduction plan" be damned..... If it does go that way, add in a few war goof-ups, the current administration will have basicly shot the Republican party in the foot leaving the door to the white house (and the other branches too) wide open for something other than republicans... <br /><br />Keep a close eye on your own, my republican friends.. :cool:

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

hold on guys, why the heck do you believe the<br />exit poles? they were way, way off on everything.<br />again, the media is stirring the pot on this "non"<br />issue IMO.<br />look, there are no red states or blue states, only<br />rep/dem voters. heck, I live in NY, one of the<br />strongest dem states and the dems only won 55-45%.<br />same is true for cali and all blue and all red<br />states. <br />please don't listen to the talking heads! :rolleyes: <br /><br />PS. I would love to see a 3rd party snapper.

Luna Sea

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Yup, day 6 of it being "over"... :rolleyes:

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

One thing that made me disgusted was the obvious media attempt to discredit the President with false reporting. I lay the blame squarely on the big guns in the Democrat party.<br /><br />Morality is out the window. Lies and deceit are in.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

This is a whole lot about a media plant. The Dem's lost cuz they put forth a lowsy candidate. The style of Al Gore, and the politics of Teddy Kennedy. Talk about baggage, can you say swift boat or treason? Oh yea, no plan!!! I would be uncomforatable if I were a true dem if they thought that Kerry was the best representative of their party.<br /><br />Kerry wasn't their candidate, he was their sacrifical lamb. It almost looks that they intended to lose, Bush should have won in a landslide. The dems could have put forth a houseplant and got 45% of the vote. I am not overwhelmed by this victory but I am satisfied with the outcome with the election as a whole. (senate and house gains)

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Kerry lost cause he is a lowsy candidate.<br /><br />His ideas were almost exactly the same as Bush's. All I heard was "I'll do it better".<br /><br />Why vote for a new guy that is labled a "waffler" when you can stick with the old guy and you know where he stands. Both had the same ideas.<br /><br />Ken

woodrat

Ensign

Originally posted by Boomyal:<br />
Originally posted by woodrat:<br />
Personally, I'm for the separation of church and state. You know, like it's laid out in the Constitution?
That's what I like about you Liberals. You're very creative. Woodrat, show me, in the Constitution, where it says one word about 'seperation of church and state'!
Fair enough, congress did not establish W's bringing his religion into the oval office, therefore its not a constitutional tresspass. I still think though that we are NOT a "christian" nation. Even if congress doesn't establish it, a lot of folks seem to think that protestant christianity is the official "amercian" religion. Official religion is one of the things our forefathers fled when they left corrupt "old europe".

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by woodrat:<br /> I still think though that we are NOT a "christian" nation. <br /><br /> Official religion is one of the things our forefathers fled when they left corrupt "old europe".
WR, you are so right in a couple things. Our forefathers DID leave for that reasona dn start a new country here in America for the purpose of providing a place that they could have religious freedom without persecution.<br /><br />Also, I agree that this is NOT a "Christian" nation...just look at all the folks who are ranting adn raving that Bush used "Religion" & "Faith" & "Christianity" to win the election. What???...are they just heathens? Where is THEIR faith? Where is THEIR belief in Religious freedom...(and not once did Bush say he would even TRY to force anyone to become "Christian" / just to quell that before it starts)...<br /><br />Unfortunately for those who want to destroy fetuses before they can be born and then cry that a whale is being killed, or that a soldier is killed in a combat zone, or that a tree has been cut down, there are still a large number of "Christians" in this country who believe that a man of "Faith" should be running things. Thank GOD!!!

code p1mp

Cadet

I suppose everyone should just sit at home and pray.. everything should be made illegal except for reading the bible and praying. no sex, no abortion, no drugs, no rock & roll no nothing. There should be no choices and no voting because they will do that for you too electronically. the way I see it, killing muslims and anyone else that gets in our way should be the definate plan, the Bush plan.. and while we are at it we should require prayer at certain times of the day and women should not be allowed to show any skin and anyone that doesn't agree with us should be called infedels losers or "Kerrys" in fact.. Lets get in some planes and hijack them and fly them right into the democratic convention!... look people.. your religion is beginning to make us sound like we are the terrorists. perhaps I am the only one that sees it for what it is.. the united states of IRAN.

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by code p1mp:<br /> look people.. your religion is beginning to make us sound like we are the terrorists. perhaps I am the only one that sees it for what it is.. the united states of IRAN.
I suggest that if you see it that way, you go over and try it out for a while...

code p1mp

Cadet

and I suggest that your kids will get drafted and sent there for me because you voted for bush.<br />the terrorists should be dealt with, true, but why should we foot the bill and lose track of freedom, tolerance and become what it is we are trying to fight? to get lost in a crusade leaves both sides more like the other in the end.

spratt

Lieutenant

code ****...those comments don't even deserve response...just another anti-Bush blatherer...

code p1mp

Cadet

also, fetuses yield something called stem cells which in turn advance medicinal technology and could potentially save more lives than the one that was lost. As spock said in Wrath of Kahn "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one". Pure logic, yes, but if you prefer the republican model, you can always outlaw them and then turn around and crush the undead with fiscal irresponsibilty such as privatised social security, all child left behind and any other socio-economical exon valdez's that the republicans have come up with. What never ceases to amaze me is how fast republican zealots like you will flock to a southern religious democratic presidential candidate when he is presented next election because of your indigestion of the policies that were left on you by your own vote.

code p1mp

Cadet

spratt: just like any typical bush supporter; the failure to win a debate results in insults without intelligent theory to back it up "blatherer".<br />4 more years of the 3 D's<br /> <br />Death <br />Deciet<br />Deficit

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

"perhaps I am the only one that sees it for what it is" well thank God we have you around CP.<br />go ahead and believe the media and the exit polls<br />etc. if u wish, it's BS IMO. maybe you should also<br />believe Susan Sarandan that the election was<br />fixed by the reps while yur at it.<br /><br />this whole discussion is silly! just because an<br />exit pole said 22% voted based on morals.<br />exit poles were right on this, but way off on<br />everything else? sure...<br />and when did morals become religion? who made that<br />great stretch? liberal media perhaps?<br />is one of the reasons I voted for bush because<br />I thought Kerry was full of it? yes. does that<br />fall under morals? maybe...

spratt

Lieutenant

This character has such spurious and immature ideas on "Religion"...here is the definition, just in case he needs to know:<br />"Generally a belief in a deity and practice of worship, action, and/or thought related to that deity. Loosely, any specific system of code of ethics, values, and belief. " Now, his "religious" beliefs on his theories about Bush are just plain incorrect and he obviously has come to believe in a lie. The Kerry lie...or both of them.

code p1mp

Cadet

mellow: <br />i do not intend to argue morals nor do I intend to argue about ebay shill bidding especially when you went on the record warning your cohorts that shill bidding is illegal etc and then proceeded to take part in it anyway (see ebay scammers).<br />as for my beliefs, they obviously **** some people off but relax, kerry lost, Bush won, and you got what you asked for. So will your children and every guardsman that wants out of Iraq. I would be very interested on the opinion of those troops that are there right now on what they think is going on and should be done. of course cnn covered that a few months ago... Its always easy to be a backseat driver when you yourself aren't the one risking the accident.

code p1mp

Cadet

spratt.. now take a gun and point it at me and tell me that those beliefs are now mine and you will have completed your idealogy. and btw I voted for bush too... in the first election, the difference between me and you is that I will admit my mistakes, even when the mistakes will not.

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by code p1mp:<br /> mellow: <br /> I would be very interested on the opinion of those troops that are there right now on what they think is going on and should be done. of course cnn covered that a few months ago...
If you care to look, there is a thread here that was initiated by a family member of a soldier who IS there!!! Read it and see what the troops think, if you REALLY want to know. Then get your self out from under the Kerry mushroom and get a hold on the real world as it is.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

I never bid on yur stupid POC motor buddy.<br />do you know what shilling is? doesn't sound like<br />it... shilling is done by the seller not buyers<br />mr. genious. I am confident that any member who<br />bid would have completed the transaction.<br />the only monkey biz was pulling the auction at<br />the last minute and lieing about the reason.<br />error in listing my foot! if you don't want $1.00<br />bids in the future, I suggest you start the auction<br />higher.