Friends crazy sister, part 2 (or 3?)

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Friends crazy sister, part 2 (or 3?)

Cancell the subscription.......You don't need the Issues! <br /><br />But wait!!!! You could do the alternative and talk with her....fall in lust.... have lots of kids...... drop out of high school.... start drinking..... commit a few minor crimes..... welfare....... no job.....no direction in life.... become a professional mooch. You would be living in the fast lane!!!!!!

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

she's caused you enough grief, back away from the situation.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

All you've described so far sounds like pretty tame, normal stuff for somebody just turned 18. How many people go away to college, do some partying before becoming productive members of society? Not recommending that course of action, just saying it doesn't mean she's a train wreck waiting to happen. And normal parent behavior. <br /><br />You got good instincts...if she comes to you with information about serious drugs or committing serious crimes or life-threatening situation, definately take it to your parents; saving somebody's life is not ratting them out. Or anything else you're not comfortable with...that's what parents are there for.

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer

I agree with jtexas. <br /><br />18yr old girl, going to a "friend's" house, drinking and possibly even smoking weed, coming home at 2am.<br /><br />Honestly, this really doesn't sound all that abnormal. With the exception of the weed and gender, this certainly describes ME, all the way from 18 to 22.<br /><br />However, I do agree with the rest of the advice. Although Ryan sounds very mature, any 16yr old really isn't equipped to play superhero, and come swooping in to save the day.<br /><br />For Ryan's sake, I say run.

alden135

Lieutenant Commander

All NH guys are bad.<br /><br /> ;)

11 footer

Lieutenant

Latest is that she's not talking to her parents, or anyone else in the family.<br /><br />I don't have anything to say to her right now, maybe when everything calms down in a few weeks things will be different. She did call me yesterday, saw her name on my phone and didn't answer. I figured that if it was important she'd leave a message, or at least call back, but she left no message and hasn't called since, so I guess thats that.

D

DJ

Isn't caller ID a wonderful invention?

LadyFish

Admiral

Ryan, you're a smart kid. Do what you feel is right. I will say that a friend in need is a hard thing to ignore, but I would make sure its only as a friend.<br /><br />Don't get caught up in a situation where she is using you for anything other than advice, her parents are already trying.<br /><br />I think even at 18 if she respects you, she will listen, she sounds to me like a pretty immature 18 year old however. I'm not sure you can change anything. We've all been there once, and have to live out some of these things ourselves, regardless if people advise us differently.<br /><br />Do whats in your heart. She didn't leave a message, maybe she couldn't find the words. If you are a true friend at least call and check on her. Then you can sleep at night.<br /><br />Just my $.02 Good luck buddy. :)