Friends crazy sister, part 2 (or 3?)

11 footer

Lieutenant
For those who didn't suffer threw my last thread about this girl, she's my best friends sister, she's two years older then me. I kinda had a thing for her and started getting involved, but it causesed problems, and I started to see that she was kinda crazy, so I just ended up blowing her off.<br /><br />Since my last thread, I haven't talked to her at all. I haven't called her, she doesn't call me and I avoided going in my friends house when she's home, its been easy, and I've gotten over her.<br /><br />Well today, her dad asks to have a "talk" with me. Turns out, her family is kinda losing her, she's 18 and out of high school, has her own car and a full time job. She's been driving to NH almost every night to some kids house that she works with. According to both her parents, this dude is bad news. She's been coming home as late at 2 in the morning, with no explanation as to where she's been, she's got her mother so pissed at her that they aren't talking, and she's doing everything for herself, aside from sleeping in her parents house shes on her own.<br /><br />They are real worried about her, and want this new "friend" out of the picture. Well here is how I come in. They know that she really liked me for a while, today they pretty much asked me to see if I can talk to her and find out what's been going on, because "she'll talk to me" I don't know if they are thinking she'll be with me and not this other kid, or just want to be their personal little rat. Matter of fact, I’m not even sure she’s going out with this guy, he might just be a friend. I personally suspect that she might be smoking a little weed and/or drinking at this “cottage” in NH all the time.<br /><br />So,<br />you guys where right about her, she's got some issues, as for the parents little "request", I think I'm gonna just pretend they didn't ask, and will only talk to her if she comes to me.<br /><br />Anyway, that's what's happening with her.

Trent

Captain
Re: Friends crazy sister, part 2 (or 3?)

RUN FOREST RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

no fun being put on the spot like that. You didn't ask for advice so if you weren't looking for any, stop reading ..... now.<br /><br /><br />I wouldn't get up in the middle of that either. Okay, maybe if my best friend really wanted me to as a favor. Maybe if information comes your way that shes in danger, you might mention it. If it was a child of mine I'd be looking for help where ever I could find it.

D

DJ

Ryan,<br /><br />I have two sons, about your age, maybe a little older.<br /><br />They think women today are, shall we say "loose".<br /><br />Talk to her, as a favor, but DO NOT COMMIT YOURSELF to anything.<br /><br />You're a good young man, I can sense it. Be a freind, confidant, but DO NOT get involved.<br /><br />She'll either take your advice or blow it off, expect the latter.<br /><br />Go on knowing you tried. <br /><br />Be well.

dakk1

Chief Petty Officer

RUN FOREST RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <br /><br /> :D :D :D :D :D <br /><br />Amen!<br /><br />Dave..

ewenm

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey you said she is 2 years older than you and she is 18 that makes you 16. you need to look after your self this is a tough time for most young ones rely on your parents believe it or not they are probably kool people and still remember what being a teen is like. if the young ladies parents with there experience in life cant help her you simply cant get involved. plus there are plenty of community groups and church groups that can help and finally your right about one thing, the best thing you can do is to be there for her when she needs help and comes to you or better still her parents (in case your wondering i am happily married 52 years old and succesfull raised 4 kids 25, 23 20,17) and you will be stunned how understanding parents can be if you just ask

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Oooooooooh, it makes me shudder Ryan. A dysfunctional daughter with disfunctional parents. Steer a wide course around the lot of them. For the parents to have asked someone with virtually no relationship to their daughter to step in and be a parent is beyond belief.<br /><br />Wish them well and skeedaddle as quick as you can from this quagmire. You're too young to get chewed up in a circumstance that you can have little effect on.

Realgun

Commander

Ryan your a smart Boy. Don't get involved in this. Just do what your doing. Your a lot smarter than I was at that age!<br /><br />Guy He not even close to Forrest maybe Einstein!

11 footer

Lieutenant

I think the parents asked me because they know me pretty well threw their son, whos the same age as me.<br /><br />The daughter use to say how "hot" I was to them and to the brother, and all this other $%E&, but it just didn't work out, she had them convinced I was the only guy for her, and I was so great and all this crap, when they where telling her to stay away from me, because she's older then me, plus I'm her brothers best friend. I think because of this they figure she'll tell me whats up.<br /><br />I really do like her and care about her, I'd feel VERY bad if anything ever happend to her, but it was wasn't gonna work. Now that I hear what she's been up to it gives me even more reason to stay away.<br /><br />Like I said, I'm not going to call her and butt into her busness, but if she comes to me I'd get involved.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Run, Ryan, run! :eek:

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Ryan you are a little young to try and save a drowning person. Run, Run fast, and create the greatest amount of distance possible. If she comes to you, be supportive and make tracks. Don't let a drowning person take you down with them.<br /><br />Don't share anything but empathy. Especially money. And other physical activities.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Ryan T.:<br /> <br />I really do like her and care about her, I'd feel VERY bad if anything ever happend to her, but it was wasn't gonna work. Now that I hear what she's been up to it gives me even more reason to stay away.<br /><br />
No you don't Ryan! Your 16 y/o hormones 'like and care for her'! From what I've seen of your maturity and capabilities there is no way in the world that it could be any thing else. There has not been a reasonable amount of closeness to foster the kind of attraction that you think you have.<br /><br />Put it out of your mind and look for someone who is befitting your level of maturity and balance in life.

Dunaruna

Admiral

At the very least, isn't it worth a try?<br /><br />Her parents are asking for help, they see their daughter heading down the wrong path. If it were my daughter, and you (Ryan) offered a glimmer of hope, I would be begging you to help - what parent wouldn't? I'm not suggesting that you get involved romantically, but you obviously would make a decent role model.<br /><br />You all give up on people pretty quickly. :(

ZodFutMk2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Whatever you decide, be cautious that you don't get caught in the middle.<br /><br />You are "acting" on behalf of her parents. What if she asks you not to tell her parents? <br /><br />It's always good that you try to help someone, but remember that it's wise to protect yourself too. Somewhere in another post I read a line about always making sure that the rescuer doesn't become the rescuee...same applies here.<br /><br />Good luck on your decision.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Dunaruna:<br /> At the very least, isn't it worth a try?<br /><br />Her parents are asking for help, they see their daughter heading down the wrong path. If it were my daughter, and you (Ryan) offered a glimmer of hope, I would be begging you to help - what parent wouldn't? I'm not suggesting that you get involved romantically, but you obviously would make a decent role model.<br /><br />You all give up on people pretty quickly. :(
Aldo, I don't think you have fully digested both sides of the equation. Here is the reason he should not get envolved.<br /><br />
I really do like her and care about her, I'd feel VERY bad if anything ever happend to her,
He is only 16+ years old. She's a virtually legal adult. He does not have the motivation of a Florence Nightengale. He is not a trained Pyscologist nor a counselor. He has no history with her that she would value other than having a hot butt. He would either be totally rebuffed (casting your pearls before swine) or he could get sucked into a morass that would not be in his best, tender young, interest.<br /><br />If her parents are that concerned, which until late they seemed not to have been, let them seek capable help for their daughter. To have asked Ryan, IMHO, was a total cop out.<br /><br />In other words, meaning no disrespect for Ryan, her parents have done the equivalant of trying to send a 7 year old, with a squirtgun, to fight a raging fire when he has not even seen flame before.

treedancer

Commander

Take off and dont loo.k in the rearview mirror.Other wise you might be on the hook for life.<br /> don

treedancer

Commander

Take off and dont look in the rearview mirror.Other wise you might be on the hook for life.<br /> don

steve n carol

Chief Petty Officer

Her parents are afraid of her, have been for a long time. She knows this as well. She manuplates them. She's an adult, (18 years old). She should be dealt with by Her parents...shown the door and a kiss on the cheek, but shown the door by all means. There should be rules/parimeters at her PARENT'S home, and she should be required to observe them. <br />Rayn, watch, I'll say it again...WATCH, and learn from this. You may very well have an 18 year old daughter like this yourself....sl/cl

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Only do the talking over the phone.<br /><br />Call her up, chit chat a little and they say the reason you are calling is because her parents are worried.<br /><br />End the conversation with, "I gotta go, my steady GF is waiting for me at _____".<br /><br />Just make it clear you are not interested.<br /><br />And ryan, trust me, this girl is nothing but bad news, stay away, been there done that.<br /><br />Ken

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

If an 18 year old girl is trying to get with a 16 year old guy, that in itself says she probably has some issues. I know there are exceptions, but it usually works the other way around. I know it is only 2 years, but those 2 years, at that time in life, are HUGE. I'd run and never look back.