Fried Raccoon anyone???

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral
Rocoons are constantly climbing my multipole fences and doing damage to my property and enclosed garbage bin.Bought a Have-a-Heart trap and have been catching a few and dropping them off (relocating) at a nature preserve which is only a few miles from me.
One nasty one decided while in the trap to reach out and grab everything he could reach and pull it in. He grabbed a leaf bag which he somehow got wrapped around my extension cord for Christmas lights.He pulled the cord in the trap as well and decided to chew on it.Big mistake on his part. He zapped himself and almost zapped me.Not knowing exactly what he had done ,I shook the trap to see if he was sleeping and sparks flew everywhere.Thank God I had work gloves on .What a way to start your day!!! Lol

alldodge

Staff member
Moving them one a few miles won't help they will be back. Hear you can hunt Coon year round (except deer modern gun season), their varmints and destroy many other game bird nest.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
They will come back from a few miles away.-----Bit of humor here.------I heard one guy was selling his homing pigeon for the 15th time on E-Bay.

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral
Moving them one a few miles won't help they will be back. Hear you can hunt Coon year round (except deer modern gun season), their varmints and destroy many other game bird nest.
They will come back from a few miles away.-----Bit of humor here.------I heard one guy was selling his homing pigeon for the 15th time on E-Bay.
An old wives tale!!! I sprayed their tails with yellow rustoleum last year.Never saw them again .....unless less of course they stopped by the dry cleaners after release.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Friend tied his trap to his pool heater.

Raccoon tore the pool heater apart trying to get out of the trap

$0.50 later the racoon was dead

$4500 later a new pool heater.