Friday Night Lights.....

ehenry

Commander
Tonight is my son's last ball game. I've been watching him play since the 7th grade. Going to the games every Friday night for the last 12 weeks has been the highlight of my week. <br /><br />Although they didnt have a winning season I've truly enjoyed watching Kyle and his buddies play. If they win tonight they will finish the season 5-6. This is his senior year and this is the last time he'll play. also, tonight is Senior night where all the senior players and cheerleaders will be recognized,<br /><br />I'm truly going to miss watching him play. :( <br /><br />
073453.jpg
<br />
079493.JPG
<br />
079494.JPG
<br />
079495.JPG

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Friday Night Lights.....

Isn't it great to be a parent, EF? :)

Braxton

Chief Petty Officer

Good luck to your son on his game tonight!

KaGee

Admiral

I know the feeling EF.

LadyFish

Admiral

Its obvious you're a great Daddy. :) It would be nice if every man/woman in America today, loved their children the way you love your son. They're are many out there who never understood their responsibility or the joy and pleasure of bonding with their children.<br /><br />Enjoy it while you can ef, these days are gone in a blink of en eye. :(

ehenry

Commander

Yeah, JB, I wouldn't trade trade being that boy's daddy for anything. He's been a pleasure and will continue to be. I wish there was time and space for me to tell you all the things, little and big that he's done growing up...funny, sad, made me mad, made me cry, made me laugh.<br /><br />Ms Ladyfish, it seems like just yesterday that his little naked butt was standing by the bathtub sqealing with delight getting to get in the water.<br /><br />As I'm sure you all can see....I'm proud of him

Dang, you really hit a soft spot. I am sure he feels the same about you. Children are the reflection of their parents and this time for him is something that he will recall when you are no longer here. I call my own 3 sons my "social security". I started taking my oldest son to football games while he was in grade school and continued to go until I had no players on the team. His proudest accomplishment was that he never lost a football game to the rival highschool. Thanks for rekindling that memory.

LadyFish

Admiral

I cried for days the week my daughter started school. I did the same, the day she graduated. She now has a beautiful family of her own and it seems like only yesterday that she was her children's age.<br /><br />If its any consulation ef, it won't be that many years before you watch your grandson play. The joy of parenting never dies, it just keeps getting better. :)

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by efhenry:<br /> <br /><br />Ms Ladyfish, it seems like just yesterday that his little naked butt was standing by the bathtub sqealing with delight getting to get in the water.<br /><br />
I think I got a lil' teary eyed there... my boy is 16 months and the only way to get him out of the tub is to drain it.

ehenry

Commander

RFrog, every now and then when nobody is around I break out the old picture albums and go through them and remenis<sp>. I also have a little shrine of pictures on my gun cabinet that covers him when he first started going hunting with me. <br /><br />I hope to get some pictures of Kyle and some of his team mates after the game. Most of those boy he's grown up with litteraly. They started out at daycare and have been together ever since.

aspeck

Staff member

Good looking guard there, ef. Funny looking tatoo on the side of his head, though! HA! Congrats to you, and good luck tonight to the young un!

ehenry

Commander

Thanks Aspeck. He plays offensive gaurd and defensive tackle. Yeah, that tatoo is sorta funny lookin aint it. Downloaded those pics from a sports photographers site from the last home game. They shoot all the home games and post the pics. You can order the ones you like, have calendars, posters and such made.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

You are one awesome Dad! I am so happy for you and your son and the relationship you have. Be proud Dad and heck he is one good looking kid too. Does he take after Dad? Hee hee! <br />way to go ef. You done good!<br />Bassy

LadyFish

Admiral

Well ef ,did they win Friday night? Take any pics?

Tyme2fish

Commander

ef: I know how you're feeling. My son was starting QB in High School. He's now finishing college (no football). I really enjoyed those Friday night games. I work every other Friday night but I always found a way to switch the schedule for the football season.<br />I tried to follow the local team after he graduated from high school but it just wasn't the same without my son to root for.<br />I still remember one specific play against our arch rival and much bigger school. We were at our own 35 yard line. Empty backfield. I thought "Oh no.They'll blitz and kill my boy" We're down by 5 points. It was a designed qb draw and he jigged and jagged for a 65 yard TD run. Talk about a Dad screaming in the stands.

ehenry

Commander

Kyle and his buddies went out on a winning note Friday night! ! It was a good close game. I wish he was playing 11 more.<br /><br />
080008.JPG
<br />
080191.JPG
<br />
080009.JPG
<br />
080007.JPG
<br />
080010-big.JPG

aspeck

Staff member

kuhl! Thanks for the update. So, how many tackles did Kyle have? Any forced fumbles? Sacks? Tackles for loss? Recovered fumbles? Anything to make this game stand out? Any memorable mis-cues?<br /><br />I remember in my senior year, it was a play from hades! I, being the right guard, was supposed to pull to the left and take out the defensive tackle. The right guard got his right and left mixed up, and HE pulled RIGHT! What a collision! One of the hardest hits I had taken in football. Good thing the quarterback decided to sneak the ball, or we would have crushed him! Yep, 3 different offensive plays going on at the same time - coaches had a field day with that one when watching the films.

LadyFish

Admiral

Great pics, he's a very handsome boy ef. What a way to end the season.<br /><br />I'm sure 'proud' dosen't even come close to how you feel right now but my congrats to you an him both. :) <br /><br />It'll be a game either of you will ever forget and someday will share with Kyle's children.

ehenry

Commander

He did have a good game. He sacked the QB twice and scooped up a fumble. AND in that pic where #71 was tugging on his jersey, He made that tackle too. Got #71 and the dumba$$ ref that wouldnt getout of the way. He pulled off the line once, like you ASpeck, came behind the center, ran blocking for one of the backs and they gained almost 60 yards on that play. He also lost his helmet on a play. He said that the guy he was hitting must have gotten a hold of his straps and unsnapped them. HE went low when that happened, ducked and covered his head. <br /><br />He said he loves playing the game but is glad its over cause he hated practice.<br /><br />As I'd mentioned before, it was Senior night and all the eniors got recognized. All the parents had to go stand out on the field and their kids came and stood by them as their names were called. When they called Kyle's name, he headed out on to field where we were standing and in his hand was a single rose that he gave to his mamma. I'd have kissed a fat bear if the photographers would have gotten a good picture of that.