Fresh brown trout for supper.

one more cast

Captain
yesterday I decided to do something I havn't done in quite a few years. I put on my shorts and old sneakers, grabbed the ultra lite rod and reel and waded up the creek casting a phobe up ahead of me. got 7 hits and brought home 3 brown trout for supper. was gone about an hour. Have any of you ever fished like this? This stream is only about 10-15 feet wide.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Fresh brown trout for supper.

That's where wild trouts live, OMC. That's where I would fish for them :D

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

only small brook trout OMC. the browns I catch are<br />in the big lake mostly, but in a small clear water<br />stream it's lotsa fun :) I like a small spinner<br />and fly combo cast downstream and slowly reeled<br />against the current.

one more cast

Captain

I mostly catch speckles like this but yesterday the water was cloudy due to the rain so the browns hit. I'll try a small mepps casting downstream next time.

one more cast

Captain

MY just reel really fast so you dont get hung up on the rocks.

chicken louie

Petty Officer 3rd Class

i catch all my browns on a floating size 13 rapala,thats about all we fish for in red deer,alberta.and i have never found a better hook.even the small browns hit it.the black and silver on sunny days,and the brown and black on cloudy days.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

we also use rapala's on lk. ontario for them in<br />spring/fall when they in shallower water.<br />where the heck is red deer louie?

chicken louie

Petty Officer 3rd Class

red deer alberta i was out twice in the last week and my wife and i caught 8 browns the first day between 5 and 10 lbs the second time out i landed one 10 lbr but lost about 5 and had one in the net that had to be 12 -15 lbs ,my wife was running the net and had it in the net twice but ended up losing it.