freepichosting.com is not really free...

KaGee

Admiral
I seen them referenced here quite often, I signed up for an account to be able to post pictures... now they want me to pay a subscription. <br /><br />You are only allowed so many hits, and apparently, everytime your avatar appears in this forum or someone looks at a post you inserted a picture in, that counts as a hit.<br /><br />Just thought I'd let this be known.

spratt

Lieutenant
Re: freepichosting.com is not really free...

Yep, as almost every hosting site does, there is a "bandwidth" surcharge. That bandwidth allows only so much traffic in a given period of time. The more ya pay, the more bandwidth ya get...free doesn't give ya much, does it? Not everyone knows about it, and they don't make it well known beforehand!!! My son is involved with hosting, and he told me about that, and even he has problems sometimes with these folks who he rents servers from who limit the bandwidth, or try to!!

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

That's the reason I use. www.photobucket.com<br />Never had any problem from them yet.<br />
Tiny_UFO_shoots.gif

sangerwaker

Commander

I use freepichosting. Yes I had to pay them. It was 15 bucks for 250,000 credits. At the rate I am going, those should last me 4 years.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

When my subscription at 250free.com expires, I will be moving over to my sisters webspace. She has gobs of room on her server space and I will have to pay nothing. She keeps telling me to do it but I keep forgetting to do it.

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

That's why I have my own space (since I also have my own website). Real cheap and you don't have to worry about those so called "free" offers

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by KeltonKrew:<br /> That's why I have my own space (since I also have my own website). Real cheap and you don't have to worry about those so called "free" offers
Does the company who hosts you restrict the bandwidth you have? Or is it just so much that it won't matter? <br /><br />I am thinking of creating my own site also, and that would also give me the ability to host pics like you are doing.

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

so KaGee, what part of the word "free" makes you think it don't cost anything. My closest estimation from many years of being here leads me to believe that when something says "free", it's generally very "costly". :D

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

Spratt,<br /><br />It's so much space I've never had any issues. The main site I manage ( http://www.houstonareapowerstrokes.com ) gets several thousand hits a month and no issues there either.<br /><br />I think I pay 9.99/month for an unheard of storage amount and no limit on hits/transfers.

KaGee

Admiral

Well, I have a website too. For now, I put my avatar on it. We'll see what goes. It actually worked the first time..... darn I'm good!<br /><br />
Originally posted by Chief 101:<br /> so KaGee, what part of the word "free" makes you think it don't cost anything. My closest estimation from many years of being here leads me to believe that when something says "free", it's generally very "costly". :D
Ya, I know.... there aint no free lunch!

Link

Rear Admiral

KaGee<br />I'm not as puter savy as most so went with <br />www.myfishingpictures.com also. And with the help of JB & SBN got it working the first night.<br /><br />My avatar is also stored there with no problems at all.<br /><br />Link

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

I got an email from Photo island. They are shutting down Novemeber 22. First it was angle fire now photoisland.