Freecycle

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
First let me say right off, this is not a for sale topic, it is stuff for free.<br />______________________________________________<br />Don't know if anyone knows about this, but I will let you know about a organization that is changing the world one gift at a time.<br />That is their moto.<br /><br />It is called www.freecycle.org<br /><br />What it is, is a world wide organization totally comminted to recycling or freecycling, if you will, unwanted items you may have that you can give away and keep them out of the landfill.<br /><br />They are worldwide, in every state in the US and several places in Canada and several different parts of the world, like Austrailia, Argentina, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belgium, and Brazil just to name a few.<br /><br />You can see if there is a freecycle in your area and join it and start giving away your unwanted items, and if you need something just ask, as long as it's free. That's the key word, free as in freecycle.<br /><br />I started a group in my County and I have gave away some stuff. It's pretty neat, you should check it out.<br />I started mine on the 15th of last month and have about 23 or 24 members now, here is mine, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BoydCountyKYfreecycle/ <br /><br />I got rid of some stuff I had sitting around collecting dust, so I figure why not give it someone that can use it.

NYMINUTE

Captain
Re: Freecycle

Good way to unload before wifey plans a Yard Sale. Man I hate those! ;)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Yes it is NY. It is really worthwhile to see where these things goes.<br />I delivered 2 ride on power toys the other day to a guy and his little girl.<br /><br />He lives on a fixed income and was wanting to get her something for her birthday and I had these 2 just sitting here, 1 was a Jeep and the other was a Ferrari, they just needed new batteries. <br /><br />Man you should have seen his eyes and his little girls eyes light up when I unloaded them out of the back of the truck. That made it all worthwhile, right then.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> Yes it is NY. It is really worthwhile to see where these things goes.<br />I delivered 2 ride on power toys the other day to a guy and his little girl.<br /><br />He lives on a fixed income and was wanting to get her something for her birthday and I had these 2 just sitting here, 1 was a Jeep and the other was a Ferrari, they just needed new batteries. <br /><br />Man you should have seen his eyes and his little girls eyes light up when I unloaded them out of the back of the truck. That made it all worthwhile, right then.
We usually go the Goodwill route, but frankly they DO make money off it. Lighting up a kids day with a gently used or new toy and aloowing the child to see who brought it is a good thing. It may let them know some people are simply caring. :)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Needless to say what I will be doing this year.<br />I will make some arrangements for Santa to pay some a visit. ;)

ndemge

Commander

That's awsome Les, wish you were in st. louis on christmas to pay a visit :)

spratt

Lieutenant

Link is a member, I think...I received 5-#'s of raw peanuts in the mail Wednesady...I think he is wanting some boiled peanuts :D Hey, he was gonna feed them to some furry rats!!! I felt sorry for him, and took them so as to not encourage their activity at his house...I know eh is grateful.<br /><br />And by the way, there was a beautiful Christmas card in the package!!! He even signed the Aliens names on it for me:)

NOSLEEP

Commander

Great idea.<br />I have a similar, yet less complicated system.<br />It has proved extremely successful.<br />Any Good quality reusable Item I have.I no<br />longer want or need, I simply leave in the alley<br />behind my fence. And some needy soul always helps<br />themselves and its gone in less than 24 hrs. :cool:

Carphunter

Commander

I'm not sure SBN, but the little girl on your lap appears to be filling her diaper. :p <br /><br />(btw, she is a cutey).

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Carphunter:<br /> I'm not sure SBN, but the little girl on your lap appears to be filling her diaper. :p <br /><br />(btw, she is a cutey).
Yeah Carpy, thats why he is wearing the HAZMAT gloves. :D

Kenneth Brown

Captain

I do the freecycle also. I haven't been able to give anything away or get anything myself yet though.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by Carphunter:<br /> I'm not sure SBN, but the little girl on your lap appears to be filling her diaper. :p <br /><br />(btw, she is a cutey).
Hey Carpy, you won't believe it, but that is my oldest daughter, 31 years ago. :eek:

one more cast

Captain

I just got a free 6volt battery powered 4 wheeler for my grand kids and am in the process of giving away a Kalamazoo cook stove. I call it FreeBay.

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

OMC..just wanted to say I love your sno-cam I check it every time I read one of your posts.

SoulWinner

Commander

Very cool Lester. We do that too, didn't know it had a name, (freecycle).

jimr

Senior Chief Petty Officer

this is cool I just joined the one here and found out my neighbor behind me is on it....was wondering where he got all them lawn mowers. I wish i knew about it last summer i would have given away alot of stuff.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by Kenneth Brown:<br /> Here is a story about the group I belong to.<br /><br /> Waco Trib
That's right KB, good report.<br />That's what I'm talking about.<br />It's big all over, just people don't know about it.