France the war mongers

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: France the war mongers

Originally posted by Twidget:<br />
Can anyone please tell me where the Marquis de Lafayette came from?
Umm, that would be France. Now for your question, in the time since Napoleon more or less killed off the cream of France, what war has France fought that did not require allies to win, end in Frances defeat, or require allies to invade and save their sorry pompous butts?
Although it was years ago, the French couldn't even save their own b*tts at DienBienPhu. There is a good reason that the term "Napoleon Complex" originated where it did.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Twidget,it is not that I am pro or anti French,but in central and east Africa where there are hardly ever any American soldiers.There are a lot of French soldiers that are keeping the local population off each others throats.This all happens within the area that was once the French colonial empire and these peace keeping actions never go through the united nations channels.That is probably why you never hear about them.<br />I never saw anybody question in this thread as to why the French are there to begin with.The fact is that they put themselves in harm's way to pacify countries that are in civil war.They do it because of their feelings of responsibility towards their sphere of influence and of course in order to protect their interests,much like the USA does in the Middle East.<br />nb. France was part of the first gulf war, they sent a large force that proved itself formidable in the field.<br />As to having some more french people coming over here... My son would love to see these beautiful european young women with their european flair and morals..

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Qoute " As to having some more french people coming over here... My son would love to see these beautiful european young women with their european flair and morals.."<br /><br />And armpit hair .....ewwwwwwwwww........... :)

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Hey Rudderman, glad to see your still here after the last American debates. <br />I am curious, what is your take on the first Gulf War? Was it wrong to be over there fighting to protect Kuwait? Sadam made no secret that Kuwait was only the beginning. Why is it that when countries like that are attacked, we run and bail them out. When we are attacked we need to turn away and say how sorry we are that someone was forced to attack us?... Why is that.<br />France is under cease fire. Clearly a military problem. We were attacked on our own soil, clearly a civilian target. We were under cease fire with Iraq for years. For 10 years Sadam broke this cease fire on many occasions by not allowing UN weapons inspectors in and many other incidents. I just don't get the reasoning here.

Stumpys

Petty Officer 1st Class

OK OK OK .... I will not do it again! I promise to be good...

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant

Stumpys, it really wasn't your fault, just a wardrobe malfunction followed by a plumbing malfunction. (some would say on a societal malfunction). :p

Twidget

Commander

They do it because of their feelings of responsibility towards their sphere of influence and of course in order to protect their interests,much like the USA does in the Middle East.
I have no problem with a little enlightened self interest. They may have run their 'request' to defend themselves through the UN. (Isnt that what they say every country should do?) If they did, Im sure the US didn't veto it, or go out of our way to get others to vote against it.

Rudderman

Petty Officer 1st Class

I thought this topic was about France!!<br /><br />I could make quite a lot of long-winded rebuttals to many comments above, but I'll try to keep it short.<br />
Lets see Saddam tried to assainate our prez......we waged war gave them a ultimatum they refused.......
so this is the latest lame excuse you've come up with to attack Iraq?...thats funny, I could have sworn it was all about invisible weapons of mass distruction...or was it terrorism, or was it al qaeda (who were never in Iraq before ya bombed it), or nuclear weapons....gees I can't seem to remember, seems to me ya just wake up in the morning and decide which excuse to use today!<br />
So what do you call it when years ago the Irish Republican Army killed their own in the streets......colateral damage?
Ummm I can't exactly see what point you're trying to make.<br />
I am curious, what is your take on the first Gulf War? Was it wrong to be over there fighting to protect Kuwait?
Nope it wasn't wrong, he invaded another country, thats a pretty clear-cut bad thing to do! The difference between that situation and this one is that you weren't invaded and you are picking fights with people and countries who are totally unrelated to the original attack.<br />
For 10 years Sadam broke this cease fire on many occasions by not allowing UN weapons inspectors in and many other incidents. I just don't get the reasoning here.
Thats not correct, sadam was bowing to international pressure and the weapons inspectors were in the middle of doing their full inspections when ya kicked out the inspectors and started bombing. Letting the inspectors do their jobs could have saved a hundred thousand innocent Iraqi lives.

Dunaruna

Admiral

Originally posted by Rudderman:<br /> Letting the inspectors do their jobs could have saved a hundred thousand innocent Iraqi lives.
thats assuming saddam and his poor excuse for offspring didn't decide to 'test' more chemical weapons, or rape & butcher innocent girls, or gouge out the eyes of innocent children to force parents to cough up information. <br /><br />The reasons for going to iraq are academic now, get over it. The job needs to be finished. He was a dictator who equalled if not surpassed hitler in brutality - the world needs to respond to that, even france.<br /><br />Aldo

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Ruderman,<br /> First off, only somebody who is just looking to hate America for jealous reasons can even call a assasination attempt on our leader a lame excuse to call Iraq an ememy, and that would just be the start. Time and time agian they took pot shots at our planes, refused to allow us to see that they fufilled their obligations set by us when we whooped there sorry rears in the first war. As well as funding suicide bombers, trying to commit genicide on the kurds and all in all supporting terrorists..........yep that sure was a lame excuse. You know, your opinion matters little when it comes to America doing anything in this world because not only do you talk like a terrorist supporter and seem to feel sorry for them but your from Ireland......please tell me any great service your country has done for anybody else. Until then guess you guys are just spectators.....so stay outa the way and quit crying and whineing........ :mad: Oh yes this post started about France but the whole point of it was to show that when they were attacked they responed with force......and yet they condem us for the same thing. :rolleyes:

NYMINUTE

Captain

France would benefit from Firestone air dropping all those recalled Wilderness tires in Paris. 100 points if the pilot gets a ringer on the "Awfill Tower"

Rudderman

Petty Officer 1st Class

the whole point of it was to show that when they were attacked they responed with force......and yet they condem us for the same thing.
And my point is that this is not a fair comparison.<br />You don't seem to be able to see the difference between France's reasonable response and America's crazed attacks on anyone your president and big business-controlled government decides on.<br /><br />And how dare you say that my opinion doesn't count. When you kill innocent people, you can be damned sure that my opinion and the rest of the world's opinion counts. That arrogant attitude makes our blood boil and guess what...thats how terrorists are born. If you say that my country doesn't matter and that my opinion doesn't matter, you're almost inviting people to show you different. (ie terrorism )<br /><br />For your information, 250,000 Irish people fought in WW1. We donate more money per head of population to aid than any other country in Europe. Ireland is also the ONLY country in the world that has continually provided peacekeeping soldiers over the past 40 years, 75 of whom died.<br />With a population of less than 4 million people, you can be sure that we have done much more than our fair share for the world.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Terrorist are cowards and I guess you by agreeing with them are one too.I will always stand up for what I believe is the right thing and I will defend the weak. Sadaam was a butcher, he killed for the sake of killing.That alone should condem him to at the very least a life of agony. And after yrs of being attacked like they just were Im sure France would step up their response as well. Extreemist muslems and terrorist brought it to our country and now its on. If more terrorist wish to attack us our only response should be the utter destruction of them and all who stand with them......And its just your opinion that our attacks are crazed ......fact of the matter is Iraq asked for what they got, and prolly deserve more.... And what I mean by your opinion doesnt count was your opinion doesnt count being a terrorist supporter. Your anti American remarks say it all for me on where you stand and have nothing to do with the situation we are in.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

By the way there have been many, many reasonable responses by us previous to this war but Im sure you spoke out against that as well.

Rudderman

Petty Officer 1st Class

....and I will defend the weak....fact of the matter is Iraq asked for what they got, and prolly deserve more
Thats nice of you, tell that to the families of the 100,000 men, women and children ya killed and I bet you'd make lots of friends :) <br /><br />Your black and white view of the world is very primitive and its childish and ridiculous to suggest that if ya don't agree with the US, you are a terrorist or a coward or an axis of evil or whatever the latest word is. Since when was being anti-american-policy punishable by death? oh yeah since the "with us or against us" speech.

KennyKenCan

Commander

Hey Rudderman,<br /><br />When the terrorists fly a plane into the building you are working in, maybe, just maybe you will understand!<br /><br />Your libral pansie attitude is the exact reason that we are in this!<br /><br />Get your libral little head out of your libral little hole, and see what is going on in the world!<br /><br />Believe me, it isn't what you think it is!

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

OK, I would like to know where you were stationed to see these "innocent women and children". <br />I didn't see that many! Actually many troops died in the attempt to save these lives or keep them ouit of harms way.<br />Where did you recover your bodies from? Did you see the REAL innocent victims as they were pulled from mass graves? Did you see the children unidentifiable because heads, hands and feet were cut off? Have you seen the chemical burns and illness the survivors are suffering at the hand of Saddam? What villages have you seen where all citizens were killed? Entire villages gassed or killed by these invisible chemical weapons?<br />Why was it OK for us to go save Kuwait and wage war when Saddam invaded but not OK to go in when he inv ades and exterminates people in his own country?<br />It sounds like you are victim to a lot of propeganda against America. I feel sorry for that. BUT until you have been there, please don't act like you know what is going on. <br />Things over there can not be described. <br />Until you have been there, seen the live victims, seen the dead victims, please don't act like you know.<br />Things over there should be reported to every country in their entirety, not censured. Things should never be forgotten, but some must try to forget just to survive.<br />Iraq has been compared to Germany and Hitler's extermination of the Jewish. It was all good when America went to save them, if it was even close to what was going on in Iraq, then the world should be jumping for joy now. At least Hitler killed most of the Jews. Some of the people in iraq would be better off if they had been killed I think. <br />Say whatever you want to about the fight, but until you have been there be careful around me please.<br />Also another thing seen over there that people obviously don't know, when the US was bombing targets with precision and care not to harm innocent victims, Iraq was not bombing the Americans. He was bombing his own people at the same time, either by accident or on purpose. It appeared to be on purpose in an atempt to get sympathy of bleeding hearts that will believe America did it. His bombs were not falling near anything occupied by US troops, they were headed straight for residential neighborhoods and schools. His army was hiding inside of temples and places of worship. These soldiers were not attacked because we did not want to destroy any religious sights. <br />Until you have seen the horrors over there first hand, please hold your opinion. At the very least don't buy into the propeganda until you have checked all sides of the story. The truth is out there, I just hope poeple can find it without going over there. End of subject for me.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Huh? I thought this was a "let's bash the French" topic.<br /><br />Now all of a sudden we are shouting insults at each other again, and it isn't about France either.<br /><br /> :(