Four and five blade props

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
I mean if you aren't trimming up to the correct running attitude you are fighting physics.... The boat will handle better, perform better, and use less fuel doing it when trimmed correctly.... You wouldn't push a disabled car by laying under it and putting a large amount of your efforts straight up and by being trimmed all the way down that is what you are doing with the boat.

sub2010ss

Petty Officer 1st Class
That makes sense so now my obvious question is how do you know when you're trimmed right? Do you change your trim every time you change speed? So far I've pretty much left it full down at all speeds

SkiDad

Lieutenant Commander
I think most people trim up to 1/4 up on the gauge to get the bow up a little after getting on plane - it varies by boat. You have to be careful you don't trim real high on some boats b/c the steering can become unstable - especially at the speed you boat is capable of - i would think your speed will pick up several mph if you trim up - but your rpm will likely pick up too. The prop you got is a ski prop and if you max it out you might want something in 21 with an aggressive cup. The vengeance just has a light cupping. A guy that can really dial you in is Ken at Propgods

now if you are pulling skiers you want it all the way down when you start out - or at least no more than level with bottom of boat - you might be able to experiment with angles out of the water to see where you anti-ventilation plate is in relation to your trim gauge.

sub2010ss

Petty Officer 1st Class
I'm going to be using the boat mostly to cruise and tubbing and I've started playing with wakeboarding as well.

sub2010ss

Petty Officer 1st Class
I know my thread is a bit old but I thought I'd give an update on my new prop. It's performs amazingly well. I still use my boat mostly for tubing and wakeboarding. The boat has excellent acceleration. I did a speed run last night with myself and two others. So medium load. It topped out at 55 gps and still popping on the rev limiter.

I am in the same boat as OP and am looking at a HighFive prop. I had never heard of these Ron Hill props until I read this posting. How does his props compare without the vent holes to the HighFive prop utilizing the vent holes?

sub2010ss

Petty Officer 1st Class
I looked up the reviews for the Ron Hills. They weren't good. Mine didn't need holes because my exhaust doesn vent thru the prop.