Forwarding an email with a .eml attachment?

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Why would the forwarded attachment change from a .eml file to a .pps file?

I received an email with a 'slide show' of Russian Military planes. The attachment shows no extension in the attachment window but checking properties shows it to be a .ems file.

I forwarded to my dad and the file shows up in the attachment box as a .pps (powerpoint) file. Of course, he does not have MS Powerpoint so the attachment won't open.

Being curious because I also do not have PowerPoint, I came home and checked the attachment as I received it. That is the change came to light.

Coors

Captain
Re: Forwarding an email with a .eml attachment?

I get that to; the original file is power point. I broke down and bought the $149 office teacher/student, and all opens now.

i386

Captain

I have no idea why people do this but it annoys the living shift out of me! If you "save" (file, save) an email it's saved as a .eml. Some people save an email this way and then send it as an attachment instead of just forwarding the dang thing OMG WHY?!?! I'm going to go have a beer now. :mad:

Xcusme

Commander

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Thanks Xcusme. I emailed the link over to my Dad's. I will go download it for him so he can watch a slide show of Rusky Aeroplanes. He's 96 and wheelchair bound so I like to give him things that will keep his interest in life from waning. It's tough when you can't get up and do all the things that you have always been interested in.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Try downloading a free office program from openoffice.org

I think it can open all the microsoft stuff.

Ken

PierBridge

Chief Petty Officer

He's 96 and wheelchair bound so I like to give him things that will keep his interest in life from waning. It's tough when you can't get up and do all the things that you have always been interested in.

Sounds like he raised one h e l l of a son!