FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
I have a trashed lower unit for my 1996 75hp Force outboard. I have located a really good deal on one that came from a 1985 85 HP Force. My question is would this LU be compatible with mine??
I doubt it will work. I think an '85 lower unit only had exhaust out of the trim, not the prop. in '94 mercury changed the lower unit completely. You will need a lower unit made from 1994 to 1999.
I'm in a similar boat (pardon the pun) I have a 94' 120 and would like to replace it with an older one. Would it be possible to run it with a single exhuast lower unit? I hear the bolt pattern is the same?<br /><br />Anybody know?