Force Bad Lower Unit

neffer

Recruit
I have a 1990 Force 35 hp that was not stored properly. Water damage cracked the bottom near the o-ring and the ring securing the propeller to the lower case also cracked. I removed the four bolts holding the gear case but it only drops down about an inch. Also the shaft that holds the propeller looks like it should pull out of the case but again no dice (I did removed the pin). The main reason for all this is that the motor will not go into gear. Motor runs fine. My guess is that I have to replace the gear case and would prefer to pull it off myself and replace. So any suggestions on where to find another would also be helpful. Thanks.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: Force Bad Lower Unit

Sounds like you'll need a rebuilt lower unit.<br />Try placing an add in the local paper ("marine/Wanted"), for a used l/u. Or check E-Bay. They have L/Us and other parts,like props,cases,powerheads,ect.<br />Locally, we have a magazine monthly called<br />"Boat trader", which is an excelent place locally (SW Florida).I'll check into the latest copy when I get to werk tomrrw.<br /><br /><br />------------------<br />Time to change my tagline

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: Force Bad Lower Unit

Also give Jack a call at Superior Marine at 800-338-9281. Bet he has one. Tell him I said hello.<br />Good luck!