force 96 75hp wont start

ferdly1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: force 96 75hp wont start

Thank you so very much. wow your motor looks identical to mine,except yours is in better condition. Looks like the cable under fuel pump was hooked up wrong. I thought so. I have been in quite a few boats in my time never seen one hooked up the way mine is. Just did not feel like arguing. Oh wondering how the gas mileage is on that motor. I am pulling out a 90 hp v4 and installing the 75hp single carb, figured it would do better on gas.
View attachment 202607 This shows both cables they come in at the same place and hook up on top right below the fuel pump and the other hooks up down low i hope this is the picture you were needing if not then let me know i will take another

ferdly1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Wondering if you could do me another favor. Do you think you could take picture of where cables come thru the cowling. Just wondering if theres just a rubber boot holding cables to cowling or if there is also a clamp.
View attachment 202610 This pic shows the side of the motor where mine comes in if you can see the front there are 2 black cables coming through the front of the motor.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

There is a rubber "guide" it's only a guide.Not really needed.
The "clamps" aren't really clamps,they are attachment points.
The older Foces had clamps that attached to the shifter/throttle.
The cables ae connected to an anchor point,then to the shift mech and the throttle at the cable trunion.
Pics of what you have?

CrestII

Seaman Apprentice

Jerryjerry is correct they come in the front directly below the fuel inlet line. Mine does have "guide" holes that they go through but nothing really special and im sure yours had them too until somebody modified it.I will take a picture for you again this evening and if you don't care take a pic show us what you have.

ferdly1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks guys. I will post pictures this evening.
:watermelon:

CrestII

Seaman Apprentice

IMG_0741.jpgIMG_0742.jpg You can see from the front the fuel line is laying on top of them.

CrestII

Seaman Apprentice

I broke my intermediate shift rod (i think thats what its called) off taking it apart to change impeller now its not long enough. Im thinking about taking a 1/4 20 nut and a piece of all thread about 1/4 inch long to make it work. Dont know if it will but the cheapest i have seen a replacement used was $99 and that was for the whole assembly on ebay Only need the one part and it is $277 new :grumpy:

ferdly1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks again! I tried to download pictures. It fails to upload the file. Don't know what I am doing wrong.

ferdly1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

IZxqpv81PZS6

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

Looks like someone jury rigged the fuel line? It's normally on the othe side with that kind of fitting.
I think that fitting is from a different motor?
I just removed all inline connectors and ran the hose straight from the tank.
The shift rod,(I don't have)(someone might) can be made from a stainless rod.
Shouldn't be a hard job.Next time don't take that apart.

CrestII

Seaman Apprentice

Yea im going to do away with that fitting also and run it straight. Yea i learned my lesson the hard way :mad:

CrestII

Seaman Apprentice

I dont know why your picture isnt showing up either. I know if the file is too big it wont let you but thats about all i know...lol