Force 85 HP 1988

PM747

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 8, 2006
Messages
5
It is very difficult to start after sitting all winter. It is also hard to start after sitting for over a week. Please advise what I can do.
 

eurolarva

Rear Admiral
Joined
Jun 24, 2003
Messages
4,182
Re: Force 85 HP 1988

Please post your model number and your exact starting procedure. Are you using the choke?
 

PM747

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 8, 2006
Messages
5
Re: Force 85 HP 1988

Force 85 HP
Model No. 856X8A
I am not sure what you mean by starting procedure.
The choke is electric and works.

I run the starter for 15 sec.

Is Quick start safe to use?
 

eurolarva

Rear Admiral
Joined
Jun 24, 2003
Messages
4,182
Re: Force 85 HP 1988

The procedure is like Prime the bulb till hard. "Push key into choke and hold in while engaging the starter. As soon as motor catches release choke." After a couple of attempts can you smell gas? Remove one of the plugs and see if the tips are saturated with gas. Maybe try using a premix fuel oil in a spray bottle and spray into the carb choke and see if that helps. Fogging oil should work as well. I am no expert with force. I cant tell on the parts diagram of your motor if you have the mercury fuel enrichment set up or a standard carburator choke. Sounds like you are either flooded or not getting gas through the choke. Check the plugs for gas and check back.
 
Top