Force 70 Leak?

CJ River Rider

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Guys, was laid up last year and boat wasn't used after winterizing in Fall of 2021. Just fired her up on the hose today and not sure if this is excessive water leaking out. The water pump impeller was replaced last spring but the engine hasn't been run until now. I don't ever seem to remember this much water coming out in the years past. Is it just me or do you think there is a problem?

View attachment IMG_9758.MOV
View attachment IMG_9757.MOV
View attachment IMG_9757.MOV

CJ River Rider

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Sorry about the double video. Admin, feel free to delete the duplicate if you want.

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
Is the motor running Hot? I would pull the lower to make sure the water tube is lined up.

Nordin

Commander
Do as Flyingscott suggest, pull the LU and check water tube and impeller housing.
I am not really familier with the 70Hp, but there must be a pee hole or a idle relief hole at the back of the leg.
Does water exit from one of those?

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Nordin if you watched the movies?? you would have seen it peeeing!!
That amount does seem excessive?? The water tube from the pump to the spacer plate has rubber grommets. the top one might have dropped out?
Like the guys suggested drop the lower and check.
Change the impeller, just in case.

I agree with everyone else that the amount of water is excessive and it seems that the tube was not properly aligned when the impeller was replaced. Dropping the lower is fairly simple - just pay attention to disconnecting the gearshift rod that runs along top portion of the front of the leg.
Good luck!

CJ River Rider

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thanks everyone, I showed the video's to the shop that replaced the impeller and while he was noncommittal, he said bring the boat back for them to check. Now I have more knowledge when I deal with them.

Watched a couple of You Tube video's and with all your suggestions above, I think I will so this myself next time.

Thanks again!

topgun3690

Ensign
I think I will so this myself next time.
Good idea.....and get a factory manual. Ebay usually has them.....
Aint it amazing that shop didn't even test it before telling you it was "ready"? And you paid good money for shoddy work. The cost of a manual is less than one hour of labor at most shops. With a manual and this forum you can do most everything yourself....and do it right.....(y)