Force 70 hp questions.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
A small amount of fuel entering the carb throat. Maybe feel the solenoid click. I don't know. I expect to see "something" though. Should I not?
You won't see any amount of fuel.
You should feel a click if you activate the key when you push it in.
The primer only shoots a small amount of fuel when activated then it just sets there.
The older style solenoid choke works as long as the keys held in.
Where the primer has to be pushed in again and again for more choke/prime.
If you think it's not working(primer) then unhook the hose going to the float bowl, then as the motors turning over push in the key to activate the primer.
It should shoot a small amount of fuel.
If the fuel comes out without pushing the key then the primers bad.
It has a rubber diaphragm that can rupture.

The squeeze ball: it has a one way valve that help pulls fuel from the tank.
Once the ball gets hard, then the ball just sets there and does nothing more.
The valve can go bad(had 3 new Tempo balls bad right out of the package).

racerone

Supreme Mariner
The fuel in a carburetor bowl sees atmospheric pressure !-----Not fuel pressure from a fuel pump !

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Really------Once the fuel goes past the float valve it is no longer under pressure from the pump !!----I am going to be blunt and suggest you find some videos on U-tube to see how a carburetor works.----Some videos are better than others.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Simplification.----Use your garden hose to fill a bucket with water.-------Once bucket is full you close off the end of the hose.------The water in the bucket is not under pressure from the hose is it ??

The Force power

Commander
Really------Once the fuel goes past the float valve it is no longer under pressure from the pump !!
True, you're absolutely right!!
I guess I should of worded it different, maybe like this;
Once the float valve is closed, the line to the enrichment valve is gravity fed.
When the float valve opens (due to low fuel in the bowl) it would be.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
There's no gravity feed on any Chrysler/Force motor that has a fuel pump.
The smaller 4.5-7hp some are gravity fed. You'll know them by the tank on top of the motor.

Theoutdoorsman

Senior Chief Petty Officer
That's what I needed to hear (see in this case).

PROBLEM SOLVED !!!!

The enrichment valve is working as it should. I ended up finding a bad switch at the key. When pressed inward, +12v was not being applied. I had to run a new switched circuit to it. Now, it starts fairly quickly.

I appreciate all your time and assistance resolving this problem. Many many thanks !!!!

Theoutdoorsman

Senior Chief Petty Officer
One last request ...

Does anyone have an exploded diagram, with part numbers, for the tilt-n-trim unit for this outboard? I have a failed o-ring that needs replacing (leaking fluid).