FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
NO.That anode/snout is a steering fin and exhaust port.
The 35 usually didn't have an anode,depending on the year.
Like Frank said it will introduce exhaust right into the prop and it will cavitate.
The fin is also a steering fin, it helps with turning and helps run straight.
You can add an anode,good idea depending on where you boat? Profile,location?
thanks for the replies, I found a new Anode/snout on the web. so I will wait till it comes to take it out. Its a FORCE > 35 HP (1986) > 357F6A and I run on the Hudson River.. $65. for a $20.00 part...bummer
Where on the Hudson? That is my old stomping grounds. Many years ago I ran the river most frequently at Hudson N.Y. and we used to party on the island up there (I forget the name). I also ran all the way to Troy and through the canal into Canada.
Where on the Hudson? That is my old stomping grounds. Many years ago I ran the river most frequently at Hudson N.Y. and we used to party on the island up there (I forget the name). I also ran all the way to Troy and through the canal into Canada.