Force 175 (1996) warning buzzer?

ericdersom

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
May 27, 2006
Messages
1
a Warning buzzer now sounds, I didn't know I had one. What is it? I don't have a temperature or oil pressure gauge. Bayliner Trophy.
 

diegome

Cadet
Joined
Nov 9, 2005
Messages
26
Re: Force 175 (1996) warning buzzer?

That buzzer is a temperature buzzer.<br />Do not operate the engine or you will be in for a head gasket
 

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Oct 30, 2002
Messages
21,961
Re: Force 175 (1996) warning buzzer?

Could damage alot more than a head gasket. You could trash the engine. Have the waterpump serviced.<br /><br />A Force 175 hp ??<br />Force never made one.<br /><br />If you can post the model and/or serial number, maybe we can identify the motor for you.
 

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Joined
Dec 29, 2003
Messages
8,200
Re: Force 175 (1996) warning buzzer?

I'll bet somebody put an oversized piston in a 150. That would make it at least 175, wouldn't it? ;)
 

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Oct 30, 2002
Messages
21,961
Re: Force 175 (1996) warning buzzer?

But they stoped making the 150 in 1994.<br /><br />Sounds like a repainted/labeled motor to me.
 
Top