Force 125 lacking power

Seaman
Changed fuel pump diaphragm fuel filters cfi cross over valve bodies checked butterflies open fully boat will only reach 4000 rpm 30 mph and feels like if it were a car you pull away in second gear it starts runs no faults pulls tubes etc all day compression all good owned for years used to go like a rocket . Help please

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
What's "good compression" ??
Do a spark check on all cylinders.
Do the starting fluid test.
Start the motor, spray SF around the intake side
and if that makes any difference??? then it's sucking air
somewhere???

4000 rpms get a Tiny Tach and test the rpm's against the
tach.

Do a link and sync and see if that helps?

Seaman
Hi thanks for reply I can do compression test What is start fluid what is link and sync how to spark test each cylinder runs and idles great does 30 ish but slow getting there rpm won’t go any higher than 4 thousand all on same prop size I’ve ever used throttle and butterflies go to full throttle position

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
What is starting fluid??? Kidding right??
Start your motoor and spray starting fluid around the
intake side of the motor, if that makes the motor run
different?? then the motors sucking air.

Read the first 5 posts in this forum.
They have tips and tricks that can help you run
and maintain your motor.

Spark test, at any auto parts store you can buy
this tool. Hook it up to each cyl. and check for
spark??
Z

Seaman
Hi guessing your fluid you speak about is our easy start I’m uk based so sorry if translation gets lost als first time on forum so don’t really know how to navigate cheers

Seaman
Just renewed cfi dog bones as couldn’t get suck and blow no matter how I cleaned another 226 pounds spent not solved problem compression 150 all cylinders sync and timing all good fuel good filters new pump diaphragm new plugs new 4000 rpm 30mph only only thing have noticed different that I remember is didn’t usually see the amount of smoke that it’s produci ng now if it were car would say to rich but this is not according to mixture setting idles and run good but going like a snail has always gone like a rocket owned from brand new missed whole season in uk due to this anymore ideas anyone

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
The amount of smoke: the more you work and do
little things makes the oil residue build up and then
burns off as you try to run it..

Check spark on each cylinder?

Easy start/starting fluid spray around the intake side
under the packs and coils and the bases of the carbs
and see if that makes a difference in the way it idles?

The first 4 posts in the Force forum is what I'm sending you to.

https://forums.iboats.com/forum/eng...ler-outboards/616464-carb-and-timing-tutorial
https://forums.iboats.com/forum/eng...ysler-outboards/10535778-boatinfo-manual-link
https://forums.iboats.com/forum/eng...orce-chrysler-faq-and-other-great-information
https://forums.iboats.com/forum/eng...ow-to-get-the-best-results-from-your-question

Seaman
Cleaned and new covers with check valves working so hope can count that as covered and move to next suggestions

Seaman
Have a car spark tester that you put on plug and put lead on and see spark can barely see spark but was out in sun so perhaps get inside with less light or is there another type remember I’m uk based when suggesting stuff

foodfisher

Captain
Never used one but the ones usually referred to here require a spark to jump 3/8 inch, not just be visible. Up to you change inch to metrics or wentworth or whatever.🤔

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Cleaned and new covers with check valves working so hope can count that as covered and move to next suggestions

This the fuel pump? Covers and check valves?

Spark check: get a sparkplug with an electrode from
almost any motor, hook it up and hold it against the block
and turn the motor over.
If it makes any spark the system should be good.
Or ask your auto parts stores for a tester like these.

615UI5-xWwL._AC_UY218_.jpg
71RpWrFB97L._AC_UY218_.jpg

Seaman
Hi all thanks for all the help so the covers are the recirc covers shaped like dog bones mine were not opening and closing on suck and blow so put on new ones fuel pump was just diaphragm done Jerry’s suggestion of easy start spray around all intake areas and recirc was done will see if spark jump tool is available over here do you need to ground the other leads out while testing the one you are testing and move to next sorry some of questions seem dumb but don’t want to cause anymore trouble or expense by ignorance thanks again all for your time

Seaman
Found tester eBay ordered I can make inch conversion to metric but will have to ask food Fisher for wentworth formula 😂

foodfisher

Captain
Caused me to go looking. I misspelled whitworth. It went obsolete when tools changed from iron to steel. 60's/70's. I rode british bikes back then.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Wentwrthless!! Made for the English motorcycles.
Had a couple Triumph bikes in the old days.
The Wentworth wrenches were the only wrench
that would fit the cylinder jug bases.

Seaman
Yes I am afraid I’m old enough to know whitworth and also know British bikes wish I still had some of my old ones they are fetching obscene amounts of money here in uk if only we were blessed with crystal ball

Redbarron%%

Chief Petty Officer
The secret is keeping things while they are just old and obsolete.
Now for example even Harley Davison is no longer making brand new obsolete bikes what can you do?
A nice big barn to keep your old toys in until they and you are old is the answer.
I wish I still had my old Alfa Romeo Guiletta Sprint Veloce with the aluminum body and straps that raised the windows.

Seaman
Hi spark tester arrived to test for spark and strength do I ground the other three plug cable whilst testing worried may do damage cdi thanks all

Redbarron%%

Chief Petty Officer
If checking one at a time then ground the other three to keep the voltage from going high enough to track across the insulation.