For New Years Eve please call

Fishing Dude too

Lieutenant Junior Grade
No excuses, folks. Don't drink and drive-and don't ride with anybody who does. Tipsy Tow offered by AAA: You don't have to be a AAA member, from 6pm-6am on New Year's Eve/Day they will take your drunk self and your car home for FREE.!!!!!!!!!! Save this number... 1-800-222-4357. Please.!

RogersJetboat454

Commander
Re: For New Years Eve please call

Good to know...

Imagine the stories the AAA contracted tow drivers will have new years day.. :D

Jeep Man

Commander

I got it covered. I had it written in to the wedding vows, "Love, honor, and drive home for everything". For all of you that didn't think to do this, please call for a ride.

ngt

Master Chief Petty Officer

Wow, that's awesome of AAA. They're going to be so busy if word of this gets around, lol.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

If we go out New Years Eve we always stay where we are overnight. If we can not stay overnight then we don't go and we stay home. That is unless we are walking distance from home at a neighbors. We don't like being on the roads on New Years Eve even if we are stone cold sober. There are too many drunk drivers and other idiots out there for my liking.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Too many drunks claim they are okay to drive. It doesn't matter if you are okay to drive or not, what matters is if you have been drinking. Then, even if you are sober, call.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

SLOW DOWN!!! Look it up in your area before we send people on a wild goose chase!! It is NOT available in all areas and you might want to confirm it.

Take along your own personal Designated Driver. I do know that many places let the DD drink all the non-alcoholic beverages for free.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

My family and I will be spending 6hrs on the road that day/night going to my parents for Christmas and then back home again. The only time everyone's schedules worked out. Will be taking the 3/4 ton truck. Feel a little safer "just in case". Just hope I don't tangle with another truck of equal size or bigger..... Actually, I hope I don't tangle with anybody... Will be crossing my fingers and toes on the way home...

bassman284

Commander

Well, I guess I'm going to be kind of a wet blanket here, but Tipsy Tow is only available in Northern California, Nevada and Utah. The rest of you will still have to make your own arrangements.

For the last 10 years (and again this year), my New Years activity has all taken place in my own house. Nobody else there, just me, my TV and a few tasty beverages. No point in calling me to come get your drunk butt because of said tasty bev. I will, however, sympathize and make recommendations.

Fishing Dude too

Lieutenant Junior Grade

It is available in most areas, AAA has set one number nationwide so it can push it with ine add. Checked it is in the area I am at but hey I had a glassof wine in the last year, and waited 2 hrs to drive. We might go see the fish flop, but still no drinking.

Pierutrus

Senior Chief Petty Officer

New years eve in vegas is called amateur night to the locals! All the resident drunks stay home!!!:D

For the most part.....;)

Happy New Year everybody.:rolleyes:

Bigprairie1

Commander

Well, I'm well covered here so far.....being at home tonight. If I was going out...I wouldn't be behind the wheel. To everyone who are out tonight on the town or at festivities....keep you head and wits about you and keep off off the bottle tonight.
All good
BP

aspeck

Staff member

It only took 45 minutes for our first MVA call. :( Followed by a jumper from a bridge into the river. Not a fun night for Emergency Services.