For all you low # of posts, long-time iboats members

ChaosDad

Seaman Apprentice
Re: For all you low # of posts, long-time iboats members

Well, as my dear old Pappy used to say. <br />Shut up son and you might learn sumpin

boatneck

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Admin5, my reason for low posts is I prefer to listen and speak up only when I can contribute something new or positive. Most of the folks here are far more knowlegable than I am. This is a great site and I visit it every day to learn and laugh.

Kilgore Trout

Petty Officer 2nd Class

While I am sure most of you are real nice people, and probably great drinking buddies<br /><br />Its the BU__SH__ loving politics that turn me off.<br /><br />enuf said.

EQCM2B

Seaman Apprentice

Admin 5, I do not post much because I'm still learning. There are lots of great and helpful topics here.I ocassionally give advice when I know what I'm talking about. Like mentioned above by several members, normally when I get to a topic that I can answer it already has the advice that I would have given. This is a great site and I recommend it often. Thanks to you and all of the others who run the site and give good advice.

DaleT

Chief Petty Officer

My main reason for not posting much is, as has been previously stated, most of the information I can supply is posted before I see the related question. Other than that, I tend to stay out of political and or religous debates, although I do read them. <br /><br />I first came here looking for help with my motor, which still isn't running, my lack of time, and stayed for the other threads, from which I have learned a great deal.<br /><br />Just want to say thanks for the site, the only one I check daily.

f_inscreenname

Commander

I try to answer what I can if I am confidant of the answer I give. That will limit you. <br /> One thing I have found is most posters like to here the same answer over and over (unless it is a simple thing). It makes it easier to except if five or six posters think that's there problem especially for a big ticket item. So let them know what you think even if it has been answered. I think I would do what 5 or 6 posters said before I would do what 1 poster said (the single post would be my second idea if the first didn't work).

Scooby

Seaman

I used to come to this board quite often but the bickering got really old and now after spending a good deal of my life in the U.S. Navy I have been demoted from a captain back to a seaman apprentice..........gee thanks.

lakelover

Rear Admiral

I have more questions than answers. But as others have mentioned, the bickering and flaming got to be too much, didn't enjoy it so much, always felt the need to watch my back. Now generally I only post to tech info categories.<br /><br />I do appreciate the good advice and helpfulness of most members however.