For all you low # of posts, long-time iboats members

Admin5

Senior Chief Petty Officer
It amazes me how many people there are like popuptarget who are long-time iboats members/fans, visit our boards regularly, and their post numbers do not reflect how much time they have spent sharing our conversations with us. I think they may be the silent majority! We'd love to hear from those of you who have been a member for some time and who's post numbers might not be in the hundreds or thousands. Any observations or thoughts? Now is your time to post! :)

popuptarget

Cadet
Re: For all you low # of posts, long-time iboats members

Admin5, the main reason for the low posts is <br />1. I am not smart enought to ask for help. <br />2. I am very good at breaking I mean fixing things.<br />3. I drink way to much to be addressing anything on a public forum.<br />4. Oh yea and I was in the land of really slow dial up for the past year.<br /> Hope this helps. Jason

LubeDude

Admiral

Maybe they are the SMART ONES, They dont get into trouble either.<br /><br />After all, if you do not make a post, knowone can say you are full of it.<br /><br />"IT" I wonder what that might be? :D

Admin5

Please don't get me wrong anyone, low number of posts is not negative. It is just one manner of enjoying our boards. You can be a very active and valuable iboats boards member without having to post.

mattttt25

Commander

sometimes it's better to appear dumb and not say anything than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.... or something like that. i'm guilty of this way too often. i applaud those who manage to stay on the sidelines.

dk990496

Petty Officer 1st Class

Admin5 <br />I try to answer only if I no it. Still new to Boats so I have a lot of learning to do usually do more reading then posting

Backlash

Chief Petty Officer

Admin5,<br />I've been a member for quite awhile yet haven't posted too many times. Mainly, by the time I read a request for help (a) the problem has already been solved (b) I don't know the answer (c) there isn't enough information available to make a good diagnosis. Most of the time it's (b)! <br />I occasionally read Dockside Chat but seldom post there. I prefer "live" debate on issues I feel strongly about. <br />IBoats is a GREAT site! Keep up the good work.<br />Backlash

Sivart

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I found this site by accident. I am fairly new to forums as well as boating. At the time I really dont know how much I do have to offer when it comes to advice on boats. I came here looking for advice bacause so many times in the past I have been an impulse buyer and because of that I have suffered. I have got a lot of great advice here and I am looking in nearly every day of the week.

NMplayer

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I just don't say anything unless I have something to say. I really do appreciate this site though. The folks here have taken me from knowing when my motor was made to doing some pretty heavy duty work on it.

Butch Ammon

Petty Officer 1st Class

I came here back in the end of March. I was on the (now ruined) usenet/internet forum "rec.boats" for a long time and got tired of the 90% off-topic flame wars.<br /><br />Iboats is a great site and is like a breath of fresh air. Lots of friendly knowledgeable people.<br /><br />Butch A.

Dunaruna

Admiral

I'm learning heaps just by reading all the posts. I'm not qualified to jump in but sometimes I can't resist.<br /><br />Aldo

TwoWatt

Petty Officer 1st Class

I think I qualify for this thread. :) <br />I am member 5000 something. I think I am just reaching around 60 something posts.<br /><br />I have started a few threads, but I mainly read what is out there. If I need help I have gotten most of my help searching past topics. Also, for a couple years I was boatless.<br /><br />I still really enjoy this forum. I also found a new place to buy "stuff for the boat" from iboats megamall. My recent order from them was A+ all the way.

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

I got all the help I could possibly need a couple of years ago with my I/O(YAMAHA)and liked the site so much that I made it my HOME page.<br /><br />Lots and lots of GREAT PEOPLE here!!!!!!!!

cuzner

I guess I need to get a life?! A site like this would have helped me 20 years ago when I was learning everything the hard way.I try and help when I can,and enjoy learning from people who know more than me.This is a great forum!!!<br /><br /><br /> :p Jim

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

There's plenty of talent on this board...and plenty of BS...I don't want anybody to confuse me with the wrong one...just a Thought<br /> :) :cool: :rolleyes:

rogerwa

Commander

I have not had any problems with my boat in the past two years. I post once and while cause I get bored just reading..<br /><br />My first ID was TOONER member #483 (Nov 2000) or something like that.<br /><br />I've been checking this site daily for a loong time..

P.V.

Chief Petty Officer

Well, since you ask'd! I was confused by your new change of "rank" for all of us! And how the new system "rewards" those based on the number of posts rather than (what I thought was) the quality of our posts! I am confused by a relative newcomer's higher rank even though he may provide info "off-target" to the subject but IS a frequent poster! On another note, I do notice a more friendlier attitude by our posters. I can always go elsewhere if I want to really get into a P#$&ing match with someone else! You do a good job! Thanks! BTW, I refer many people to your classified boat adds!!

rc581

Petty Officer 2nd Class

admin 5, i too have been here for awhile now, and with very few posts. but i find i learn much more by listning than i do by talking. no, seriously. i try to answer when i think i know it,but otherwise refrain for fear of giving inaccurate info. but i do love the site and visit literally every night. thanks....bob

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Originally posted by Dunaruna:<br /> I'm learning heaps just by reading all the posts. I'm not qualified to jump in but sometimes I can't resist.<br /><br />Aldo
DITTO!!<br /><br />Chappy

rwise

Captain

I read a lot and post little, you just learn more that way. If I can help (like I don’t get beat to it) I do, if I have an opinion and time to post it, I do. Man those words have got me in trouble before;) Time to go back to the salt mine.