Fogging f90 efi

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Just wondering the best method to fog the above motor without taking out spark plugs. Spray oil into air intake while running? Would running some gas thru mixed with 2 stroke oil mixed in do the same or even better?

ct1762@gmail.com

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Just wondering the best method to fog the above motor without taking out spark plugs. Spray oil into air intake while running? Would running some gas thru mixed with 2 stroke oil mixed in do the same or even better?
how long is the motor going to sit for? anything under 12 months for a 4 stroke i wouldnt be concerned. run synthetic fuel in a can through it and forget about it.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
how long is the motor going to sit for? anything under 12 months for a 4 stroke i wouldnt be concerned. run synthetic fuel in a can through it and forget about it.
what is this synthetic fuel in a can you speak of for 4 stroke outboards?

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
OK, thanks. Wondering why no need to fog 4stroke? I would have thought the opposite, but glad to hear it!

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
I also would think protecting the shiney parts inside a 4 stroke would be a good idea if it will sit for months

stresspoint

Ensign
best bet is to just change the oil , crank it up to get it running temp shut it off then it will be fine to let it sit .
there is plenty of oil in the motor to stop any rust forming , if rust forms you have a bigger problem that needs to be attended too .

fogging could also cause gazing of cylinder walls , not a good thing!.

flashback

Captain
best bet is to just change the oil , crank it up to get it running temp shut it off then it will be fine to let it sit .
there is plenty of oil in the motor to stop any rust forming , if rust forms you have a bigger problem that needs to be attended too .

fogging could also cause gazing of cylinder walls , not a good thing!.
Works great on mosquitoes in the spring! :)

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
do some searching online and read what is said by manufactures of the motors or watch some videos.
you are the only one that can make the decision on if you fog your motor or not.
the people that say it is not necessary will not have to deal with your problems if they do happen, so do your own research.
here is just one I just found

Reactions: KJM