Fog Lights, What's with 'em

one more cast

Captain
Re: Fog Lights, What's with 'em

To stop people from blinding you with their fog,driving,high beam, whatever lights just carry a 1.5 million candlepower hand held spot light and give it right back to 'em. :D <br /><br /> WARNING: This may land you in jail or worse.

spratt

Lieutenant

LOL@OMC...ya got me crackin up here dude!!! But, that will certainly make ya feel better...Kagee might think you are incitin' Road Rage tho...be careful!!! ;)

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by FlatBottoms:<br /> ...Kagee might think you are incitin' Road Rage tho...be careful!!! ;)
No...that would be Kelton's avatar! (JK) :D !

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by One More Cast:<br /> To stop people from blinding you with their fog,driving,high beam, whatever lights just carry a 1.5 million candlepower hand held spot light and give it right back to 'em. :D <br /><br /> WARNING: This may land you in jail or worse.
OMC: You are on the right track. I have 4 150 Watt Sealed beam KC Daylighters on my Jeep. They are 385,000 candlepower a piece totalling in at 1.5 mil.<br /><br />Only thing is, they are coming from 4 different sources, so :D they look like the fricking SUN is driving upon your rear.<br /><br />Sean

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

My KC Highlights are clear FOG lights. <br />Lights aimed down. What's the point? Looks like eeboater is compensating for something. LARGE egeo maybe? But then agains same could be said for my brushguard on my baby Blazer.<br />In MICH it is legal to have one set of auxilliary lights on with each beam of the headlights. It may be legal, but that doesn't mean it's right or just, or necessary. <br />dolluper was right on the money though, NO FOG = NO FOG LIGHTS! That goes for all lights except headlights.<br /><br />And we have gotten way off my point. There is no justifiable reason, there's only excuses to explain one's inconsiderate behavior. Everyone trying to justify the extra lights with aiming, legality, and factory v. aftermarket differences remind me of the saying "Any excuse to justify a tyrrant." And Mrs LF, thanks for the story of realization and consideration.<br /><br />But everyone's posts are respectfully noted, and appreciated. My opinion however is still not swayed. I am still considerate of others and minimize my lights around others to aid THEM in driving safer. And as 12footer said, our fellow drivers need all the help they can get.<br /><br />Tinkerer, to answer your question, YES, we have all those and more on some little boys cars. However here there's regulation as to what colors and what lights are allowed on the front/back of cars. The neatest occurrence of those flouro lights was on a motorcycle. The owner was discreet with them though. She said she only turned them on when she was parked or "parading".

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

two additional lighting issues I hate:<br /><br />1. those reflective chrome bumpers some trucks have that reflect my headlights back into my eyes when stopped at a stoplight, and<br /><br />2. those trucks with lift kits that put the low beams where the high beams oughtta be, especially when they're behind me blinding me through my outside rearview. At stoplights, I've made it a hobby to try adjusting the rearview to reflect 'em back into the driver's eyes. Never know if I'm successful. Guess that shotgun blast will be my only signal, but I'll never hear it! ;)

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Sometimes playing chicken with those people get their attention. I'm not going to get run off the road because I'm blinded. He has the road well lit up and should see me in his lane coming at him. Deer do it all the time, why go where it is dark when you can see where your going when it is lit up?

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by David L. Moore:<br />Looks like eeboater is compensating for something. LARGE egeo maybe? But then agains same could be said for my brushguard on my baby Blazer.
I'm not compensating for anything. Since when did it become illegal/obnoxious to accesorize your vehicle.<br /><br />Sean

GodsBeast

Chief Petty Officer

:D Augh don't let it get you down EE boater, I see you at least have the legal covers on your KC Lights anyway, so, most should know your not out to be a pain in the rear. NOW, I myself used to have 4 huge KC's pointed Forward, and 4 Pointed Rearward, at the height of the Cab, on a work roll bar. 4 of them ON, in either Direction was a Strain on my heavy duty Alternator I had built for the truck. I could have been a real PAIN if I had wanted to, but having someone comming at you head on, just as Blind as you are, seemed like a NO Win Situation. I did it once or twice, when the idiot and I were the only two on the road, (Nobody else affected by it) and I had no problems getting dim lights from them, heck, one of them pulled over and Parked. :cool: <br /><br />People are doing so much crap to their lights, the cops don't have time to keep up with it. Red, Green, and Blue, purple front turn signals, and neon glow lights every where. <br /><br />In this state you can have 6 beams pointed forward at a time. That means Low or High Beams, one set of Driving Lights, one set of Fogs. Or Low & High, and one other set of your choice. Most of these vehicles, like someone else pointed out, the driving lights will go off, when you hit the High Beams. <br /><br />Cops are busy enough just trying to get IDIOTS to dim their Hi-beam headlights, or driving around with PARKING LIGHTS ON, trying to look cool, than worry about some factory mounted driving lights being on, pointed to the ground. Chances are, when you stop one of these idiots, with High Beams on, they'll tell you one of their low beams is out, and they didn't want to get stopped because they had a headlight out. :rolleyes: Even that isn't as funny as,,, Usually when you ask them for their Driving License, they have NONE, and have been Driving for years without them. <br /><br />The best I can suggest is if someone is blinding you, flash your Highbeams at them. I Know, half the driving population, doesn't know what that means....But if that doesn't work, slow down, and get prepared. Like someone else pointed out, it isn't worth, running your vehicle in the Ditch, or a Head On, which YOU or YOUR LOVED ONES might not walk away from.

wajajaja

Chief Petty Officer

gottem on all four of my vehicals, all factory installed, the vw, worthless,the two jeep gks, mounted on the top of the bumper, ok if i'm looking for quarters or potholes ten feet in front of me at any speed, and the dakoda no value, none of these lite with out the reg beams on and all extingush with the high beems. so why burn em out, just dont use.