Floorboard dimensions Zodiac model 2245 (1979?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

divenfish

Recruit
I picked up a 2245 model zodiac off craigs list, and the floor boards do not seem to fit. When assembled, the 3 pieces seem to be longer then they should be. They extend about 3" beyond the fixed/glued board. The boards are plywood and they snap into the siderails nicely, however I can not get them to flatten out once they are secured at the glued board and transom. I would hate to cut them to "fit" then realize they were right to start with. If anyone has drawings or dimension for these boards I would appreciate the info. Actually all I need is the length of the assembled rear 3 pieces.
If someone has the same boat I would appreciate if you could measure the floorboard dimensions from stern to the glued floor board.
Thank you!

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Re: Floorboard dimensions Zodiac model 2245 (1979?)

Welcome to the forums,

If it's not a size issue, have you tried "pushing down tent form" when assembling floors ?

Happy Boating

Attachments

• Floor Assembly.JPG
    Floor Assembly.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 1

divenfish

Recruit

Thank you for your suggestion; Yes I tried, I put my entire weight on it with no avail. It coulds be that the new varnish coat I put on it is too sticky. I will try some lubricant (soap water) see it helps. I will take some pics over the weeknd and post them. Cheeers!

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

Would be very strange to buy a used sib with floor boards that don't fit. Need to have all floorboards parallel to transom and completely vertical lined up at both sides. Apply soapy water underneath floorboards and to it's sides, will slide much better when pushing tent downwards and while assembling side joiners.

Happy Boating

divenfish

Recruit

Thank you Sea Rider - i will give it another try over the weekend and post my results. Cheers!

divenfish

Recruit

Well the lube did not help to snap the floorboards in place - they are 2" to long, not 3" as originally stated, the width seems ok. Here are some measurements: the distance from transom to theglued board is about 58". The 3 aft boards are 60" long x 40" wide with rails assembled.
The 2 bow pieces are not long enough and seem too narrow, if i push them all the way to the bow the gap to the glued board is about 6". The bow boards (hinged together) are 29 1/2" long 35" wide (@ widest point)- see pics
It seems like the boards i have are from MK 2C not 2245.
So..... I would appreciate Dimensions/pics or drawings of the floorboards for model 2245.
Thanks!

Attachments

• Bow floorboards SML.jpg
    Bow floorboards SML.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 4
  • Nameplate SML.jpg
    Nameplate SML.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 5
  • transom to board SML.jpg
    transom to board SML.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Aft floor boards SML.jpg
    Aft floor boards SML.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 4

gunwalejo

Recruit

Well the lube did not help to snap the floorboards in place - they are 2" to long, not 3" as originally stated, the width seems ok. Here are some measurements: the distance from transom to theglued board is about 58". The 3 aft boards are 60" long x 40" wide with rails assembled.
The 2 bow pieces are not long enough and seem too narrow, if i push them all the way to the bow the gap to the glued board is about 6". The bow boards (hinged together) are 29 1/2" long 35" wide (@ widest point)- see pics
It seems like the boards i have are from MK 2C not 2245.
So..... I would appreciate Dimensions/pics or drawings of the floorboards for model 2245.
Thanks!
You may have already resolved this issue by now by adjusting the AR #3 board as well as the rubber side rails. I just acquired a 2245 that has never been in the water. The reason the boards don't fit is because of the age of the rubber. It becomes stiff over time. The 2245 I have is 45 years old and I had the same problem. I took about 3 inches off the #3 floorboard and cut the angle to maintain the wedge interlock and realigned the support strip.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
You may have already resolved this issue by now by adjusting the AR #3 board as well as the rubber side rails. I just acquired a 2245 that has never been in the water. The reason the boards don't fit is because of the age of the rubber. It becomes stiff over time. The 2245 I have is 45 years old and I had the same problem. I took about 3 inches off the #3 floorboard and cut the angle to maintain the wedge interlock and realigned the support strip.

After 9 years, I hope so.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.