floor repair on 2000 bayliner cuddy

rich098

Recruit
I noticed the floor on the left side of my cuddy i rotting it is only around the seats on the left side of the boat. can I just replace that part of the floor or do I need to replace the whole floor. how are the seat boxs attached to the floor.

Coho Ghost

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: floor repair on 2000 bayliner cuddy

Rich,

I will try to be as polite as possible here, and in no way mean to insult you. If you have a Bayliner with rot in the deck, there is probably a LOT more under the deck and probably in the transom too. Bayliners do not have a very good reputation for quality construction. They are basically pretty poor! Do a lot of research on this site, because a lot of Bayliner complete restortations have been documented here. There is tons of help here if you need a complete overhaul.

FWIW
Coho Ghost

ShellBack89

Petty Officer 1st Class

I noticed the floor on the left side of my cuddy i rotting it is only around the seats on the left side of the boat. can I just replace that part of the floor or do I need to replace the whole floor. how are the seat boxs attached to the floor.

The MOD's in here are great and will provide you with great tips on how to fix what needs to be fixed but they are going to ask for pictures. Most of us use photo bucket. There is a link on the how to thread which explains how to post pics if you have any trouble. Good luck and welcome to boats!

rickryder

Commander

Yes get them pics up so we see what your working with.... We will guide you thru your rebuild ;) Welcome to the Dry Dock!!

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander

Newer Baylinners are no more prone to rot than any other boat. Just ask Frisco about his Searay. There are only two types of boats that have wood. rotten ones and those in the process. Post up some pics. I am a Bayliner fan. I just love their looks and the ride.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

. There are only two types of boats that have wood. rotten ones and those in the process.

geez pro you owe a me new puter screen.......this one has coffee all over it now.....lol.

look at this........pro.....coho......ricky.....i thought i was lookin at an old post with all the great talent. kinda reminds me of the old days (sniff sniff)!

the bayliner has issues....chances are....when you get your seats up.....you will find more (as stated above)
but this is only a 2000.....chances are you have caught it early.

post pics......need to see the area around the seat....
and look under the hull for any signs of cracking or slightly different coloration of the gellcoat.
you are looking for previous repair here.