floor in alum sea nymph

Larry Glady

Seaman
my boat has a bare alum. floor in it, i would like to build up the floor between the ribs so water flows back to transom more easily, thinking sekaflex epoxy? any thoughts ? was then going to paint with bedliner paint duraliner herculiner for traction anyone ever try this... i don't want to a plywood floor in her thanx

Bondo

Staff member
Re: floor in alum sea nymph

Ayuh,... How Big a boat is it,..??

You'll need to subtract the weight of yer materials from the weight it's able to carry, Safely...

Huron Angler

Admiral

Do the ribs have any openings down the keel line to drain? Also known as limber holes.

Smaller 12-14' tinnies do not always have them. In that case I just put the bow high to drain to the bilge. This can be done by tilting the trailer up, or trimming the motor up while underway.

You could cut/drill limber holes but would risk compromising the integrity of the ribs depending on how it's built. Some photos would help.

Larry Glady

Seaman

angler-bondo its a 16footer there are no limber holes in the ribs considered notching but afraid to hurt the integrity, the water lays in the ribs with the boat on trailer jack full extended and sitting on a 5gallon bucket the drain at tramsom is angled ut and 1inch off bottom so it dosent drain out there totaly either. thanx for lookin. i'll try to get pics